P R O L O G U E

She was ecstatic, distraught & amazed.

Her brand new book was coming close to an end, and as her anticipation grew, the hold on her novel grew tighter. She gripped the pages so hard they bent, her eyes scanning every word trying not to miss a single one. The book was taking over her life to a point were she wouldn't put it down all day. She was just so in love with the characters. Each to their own were amazingly written with so much detail she felt as if she was a part of the book.

"Night Shadow no one even likes you" She whispered to herself. She was currently sitting alone in her room, book in hand and hot chocolate to the side. Her family was out of the house like usual, probably at some charity event. That wasn't really Faye's scene, so she opted for the decision of staying home. Thus giving her the opportunity to read.

"GD come on just vanquish him"

GD was in ready stanza. He knew that Night Shadow was powerful for a young villain. The 19 year old man had powers that not even he could face against but there was one thing he didn't possess, smarts. If GD played his cards right, Night Shadow would be gone for good.

"You know you aren't going to win this fight, even as children i was always better" GD said deeply towards his opponent. His blue cape danced softly in the wind and his hands were positioned on his hips giving him a powerful aura.

"I will fight until the end because you deserve death" Night Shadow chuckled darkly. His old friend wasn't going to win their last battle. For once in his life, Night Shadow was going to win.

The older super continued to taunt Night Shadow by not advancing. It was a common fact, Night Shadow never made the first move.

The wind picked up pace. Night Shadow's emotions were starting to change. From calm to angry, pissed to 'ím going to kill you'. The sky became darker as Night Shadow tried to contain his anger. It was one of his problems, & the weather was rarely calm to due that. Taming his inner power, a lighting bolt struck towards GD missing him by an inch.

"Contain your anger kid, you know how you get" GD taunted. Night Shadow clenched his fist to his sides.

"Don't call me kid, you're only 3 years older then me"

"Why kid? Does it remind you of bad memories?" Night Shadow was shaking. His flaw of not being able to contain his anger was gonna work to GD's advantage. He was only a naive teenager, his anger would blind side him in seconds.

"DON'T CALL ME KID" Night Shadow yelled. His eyes turned a bright white signalling he wasn't in control. Wind swooped around him and lifted him up into the air, as if he was levitating. His hands were directed towards the sky charging energy from the clouds. Pointing his hand at GD, volts of electricity came out like a swarm of bees.

He smiled cynically.

"Faye darling are you asleep?" Her mother's voice rang across the hall.

Looking frantically at her bedside clock it read 12:43. Forty three precise minutes passed her bedtime.

Like a super herself, she book marked her book & climbed hastily under her covers closing her eyes. She didn't want to endure the wrath of her mom for being up to late. The door to her room was abruptly opened as her mother walked in with a click of her heals. Muttering to herself, she picked up the cold mug of coco and turned off the light to Faye's room.

Once Faye was sure all was clear, she pulled the covers back off. She then tiptoed to her balcony where the moon was shining bright. It was one of things she always did before she slept, gazed at the night sky.

Except this night was different. Her mind was running rapid with thoughts of her favorite book. Imagine only if she could find a guy like GD, strong, blonde & authoritative. She could only dream. Why does the definition of perfect have to be fiction?

Sighing she turned back around to her bed, when something caught her eye. Quickly her eyes followed it. A shooting star.

"I wish my superhero crush was real"

When nothing happened, she only rolled her eyes. Go figure.

Walking back to bed, she closed her eyes and dreamed a sweet dream of Night Shadow being defeated.