Part 4

Warning: Mention/brief description of killing Romulans.

Upon arrival at Vulcan, pieces of starships were scattered all around. Your father immediately yelled, "emergency evasive."  The ship got hit by some of the debris and you had to brace yourself at every hit. Once we passed under a starship that was partially intact, you saw the ginormous ship. The ship fired torpedoes at us to which your father then said, "Sulu, status report."

"Shields at 32%. Their weapons are powerful, sir. We can't take another hit like that," Sulu responded.

"Get me Starfleet command."

Spock informed, "Captain. The Romulan ship has lowered some kind of high energy pulse device into the Vulcan atmosphere. Its signal appears to be blocking our communications and transporter abilities."

"All power to forward shields. Prepare to fire all weapons," your father ordered.

Nyota stood from her post as she announced, "Captain we're being hailed."

A Romulan appeared on the screen and said, "hello."

"I'm Captain Christopher Pike, to whom am I speaking?"

"Hi Christopher, I'm Nero," the Romulan spoke calmly.

"You've declared war on the federation. Withdraw, I'll agree to arrange a conference with Romulan leadership at a neutral location."

"I do not speak for the Empire. We stand apart. As does your Vulcan crew member, isn't that right, Spock?"

You watched as Spock stood up from his seat and made his way to the centre of the bridge, "pardon me. I do not believe we are acquainted."

"No, we're not. Not yet. Spock, there is something I would like you to see. Captain Pike, your transporter has been disabled. As you can see by the rest of your armada, you have no choice. You will man a shuttle come aboard the Narada for negotiations. That is all," then ended the transmission.

Your father rose from him chair and slowly started to make his way to the exit. You walked over to him and grabbed his arm turning him to face you, "You can't be serious about this."

"He'll kill you, you know that," Kirk added.

Spock chimed in, "your survival is unlikely."

"Captain, we gain nothing by diplomacy," Kirk continued.

"Dad, please, don't do this," you pleaded hoping that he wouldn't follow through with his decision. "Going over to that ship is a mistake."

"I too agree, you should rethink your strategy," Spock concurred.

"I understand that," Your father stated. "I need officers who have been trained in advanced hand-to-hand combat."

Sulu raised his hand as he announced, "I have training, sir."

You looked around the room to see if anyone else would volunteer. With the lack of responses, you shrugged, "I'll come."

Your father nodded then stated, "come with me. Kirk, you too. You're not supposed to be here anyway." He started to make his way to the exit followed by you and the others. "Chekov, you have the con."

"Aye-aye, Captain," Chekov replied.

"Without transporters, we can't beam off the ship. We can't assist Vulcan, we can't do our job. Mr. Kirk, Mr. Sulu, Engineer Olson and Dr. Y/n will space-jump from the shuttle. You will land on that machine they've lowered into the atmosphere that's scrambling our gear. You'll get inside, you'll disable it, then you'll beam back to the ship. Mr. Spock, I'm leaving you in command of the Enterprise. Once we have transport capability and communications back up, you'll contact Starfleet and report what the hell's going on here." You all arrived to an elevator as your father turned around and continued, "And if all else fails, fall back, and rendezvous with the fleet in the Laurentian system." He then looked over to the blond, "Kirk I'm promoting you to first officer."