ᴛʀᴜsᴛ ɪɪɪ

𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙤𝙣𝙚

It's been a week since o destroyed all the alcohol, and I haven't seen Charlie in that same amount. He left when the sun came up and I didn't even realize it.

Now, it's a nice, cold morning. And I've decided to go into Manburg, and find some information that can prove useful.

As I dress in dark clothing, and pull on my shoes, I hear a knock at the door. It's early, so I don't know who it could be. It could actually be anyone, because this house isn't exactly hidden.

The house was small, but roomy. It was shaped as a triangle, windows on the ceiling and walls, and small, foldable stairs that lead up to the second floor where my room was. Most nights I just slept on the couch though. A small kitchen with a bar counter with two stools and a small living area. All in all, it was comfortable, and it didn't take too much to make.

Thank god for trail and error.

I walk to the door, stumbling around as I pull on my left shoe, and fixing my turtle neck. I look through the small peephole I carved out of boredom, and spot a familiar head of blonde hair.

I open the door with a smile, and quickly wrapped my arms around the boys shoulders, embracing him tightly. Tommy seems taken aback as I hug him, but quickly recuperates the action. His lanky arms could fold around me twice.

"Tommy!" I whispered as I let the boy go, a smile on his face as I let him inside. His blue eyes dart around the room, his smile faltering for only a second before he's turning a round to face me again, hands grabbing my shoulders.

"Where is Vienna and what have you dine with her?" He jokes, humor evident in his eyes. I understand a second later he's talking about all the beer and stuff that always littered my new house, and I chucked as he let me go and walked around the living area.

"I sold her to some demons for some food yesterday, you just missed her actually." I play along, stepping over to the couch and tied my loose shoelace. Tommy scoffs and flops down next to me, watching as I tie the little lopsided bow on the top of my dark shoes.

"Very funny." He says, then leans down to look at me. "Where are you going?"

"I'm gonna go do some spy work, bout time I did more then sit on my ass and help out more, ya know?"

He nodded, but a soft glaze of fear flashed in his eyes, then quickly vanished as if never there. He gripped the arm of the couch harshly, knuckles turning white from the effort. My lips part in concentration, like I can somehow Will his fists to loosen.

"Please be safe?" He says, voice shaking. I place my hand over his clenched ones, feeling the warmth coming from it, heating my cold ones.

"Trust me, I always am." And his fist relaxed, but stayed tense. I decide that I would tell a joke or something, say something sweet or something funny for the blonde boy, but come up empty handed. Sadly.

I was never good at comforting people.

I stand outside of Manburg, the trees concealing my frame from the naked eye, you'd have to be searching for me to find me in this shade.

I see people running from place to place, throwing tents up quickly in preparation for the festival in a few days. I see George in the commotion, holding a clipboard and a few hanging lights. He seems happy around all of the colors.

I see the bright orange fur of Fundy, his ears twitching and turn at every sound that rang around him. He had a smile painted on his face, and was talking to Tubbo. The brunette boy was laughing something the fox had said, and was picking up a crate of fruits.

My attention fades from one person to the next, noting that everyone seemed happy, and everyone was excited for this festival..

No one seems trapped, or saddened, or even angry! Not even Niki, who's taxes were raised and flag burnt to the ground! She stands next small sand with a few pastries set out for people.

She had started a bakery a few wells ago, I was told by Tommy I think, but I was too drunk to remember. She used it as both a stable income and for a place that she and Tubbo could meet with suspicion from Jschlatt.

And speak of the devil, the man with the elegantly curved horns waits beside his Vice President, Quackity. They walked closer to where I was, and stood beside a wall that I was able to get too easily. I skip between the thick tree trunks of the forest, and slowly creep to behind the wall, listening in on their conversation.

They seemed to be some sort of passive-aggressive argument that was only for their ears, private and hushed shouts directed towards each other. I mustve gotten there at a weird time, seeing as Schlatt was telling Quackity off, like an old married couple. I crouch down, holding my breath.

"You- You're so useless!" Jschlatt hisses, but keeping his volume lowered, harsh, Intimidating. He slams his fist into the wall, silencing any comment from Quackity. I hear a saddened laugh from the beanie-wearer, and hear his feet shuffle away, then hear the laughter of others far off.

Jschlatt scoffs, and starts walking. At first I thought it was away from me, towards the festivities, then I realized it was the opposite. Because one second later, I'm met with the cold, grey eyes of a horned man, a shocked expression on his face.

I watched at it slowly turning into a smirk, and fear shoots right through my core. Yet all I could think about was how handsome this man was.

Like goddamn Vienna, you're probably about to die and all you can think about is how hot he looks?! Get a grip!

Jschlatt nears me, as I back away, stumbling over my own feet as I try to stand.

"Didn't your mother ever teach you? It's rude to eavesdrop." He says calmly, but as he gets closer, I can tell he's angered. Maybe it's from the argument with his Vice President, or from the alcohol he's obviously drank, but I do know that when his hand clasps down hard onto my shoulder, I can tell I'm fucked.

"Let's go for a walk."

Oh fuck me-

𝟷𝟷𝟶𝟿 ᴡᴏʀᴅs