Hinata dies...

Hinata was relying on this new jutsu to allow her family to escape. This time around, though, there was another problem: Kimochi was able to sense chakra and was already quite familiar with hers, which means she needed to find a way to disguise her jutsu so that he wouldn't see it coming.

Hinata had an idea, and went after Kimochi in the hopes that it would work.

—I've always fought for those I love and I'm not backing on my words.

—Yeah, yeah... you and little tiny fox talk to much... Let's just finish this match!

And Hinata started a series of punches and attacks against Kimochi. At some point, there were so many of them that Kimochi was just able to sense a huge wave of chakra coming towards him from the sides and from below. To avoid them all at once, he decided to go up, and up. And when he thought the evasion had worked, the puppet-cursing sphere hit him from above.

Boruto, who was watching the fight from afar, saw the hit and understood the sign. Opened up a portal and went back to earth, his eyes watering because he'd finally understood what her mother's whole plan actually was.

When Kimochi found himself under Hinata's jutsu, he enraged, but wasn't able to break free for the next five minutes. He saw his precious prey walk away, again, unable to go after it. Finally, choleric as he was, he took out of his body the puppet-cursing sphere and destroyed it, but it was already too late. The prey was gone.

His anger was then directed towards Hinata. His precious vessel was gone and he would need to start searching for him again. All that seemed so tiresome for him... but that salacious lady with the precious chakra was responsible for that. Had he known she would be such a drag, he would've killed her first... Enraged, he went fully powered against Hinata.

—You, precious bug! You, thief! You robbed me of my prize! You're gonna pay! I'll kill you and then I'll take your eyes for consolation. That jutsu you just used on me doesn't belong to you, it is from the Ootsutsukis. You, precious, insignificant bug, are gonna die and your eyes will be mine... I'll perform that beautiful jutsu on your loved ones and then I'll eat them!

—They will stop you, of that I'm sure. And my eyes will be of no use to you; they're sealed. My sensei did it even though I'm from the main branch of the Hyuga family... my eyes will only be mine!

—I'll kill you!! —Kimochi shouted in anger and sent, directly at her, his dreadful jutsu tensen seigen. She saw It coming and knew it was the end; she didn't have enough chakra to fight back, and even if she had, she knew it'd be useless. Besides, she'd accomplished what she had aimed at and was happy that, thanks to her, her family was safe.

Hinata had always fought opponents stronger that her: Neji, her cousin, during the chunnin exams... Pain... the Juubi... Momoshiki... They were always stronger and she knew, in every single one of those battles, that she was the weaker one, but she also knew she was fighting to protect those she loved. And that is how death was finding her: fighting against a much stronger opponent to save her husband and her kid... the hero of the present and the hero of the future. She was dying with honor, with her head up.

         When the blow hit her, she remembered the promised she'd made to Naruto, and murmured:

—I'm sorry, Naruto, it looks like I'm not going to be able to go back to you. But I'm sure you're gonna push throught with that smile of yours that enlightens even the darkest place. Keep on going... Our kids, they look up to you, so stay strong for them. Hima, I'm sorry I couldn't say goodbye, but your mom will always live in your heart. Boruto, get stronger, you are the only one who will be able to protect everybody. I cherish you all in my heart.

Whilst death was taking over her body, her thoughts ran rampage:

—Now that I remember... I never wanted to be a ninja... I was born on difficult times within a family of strong ninjas... I never felt being a ninja was part of my core... but it was my obligation to become one, the next in line for the leadership of the strong Hyuga family. However, my own nature kept me isolated... "useless", I was told... "nuisance", I was told... "does not measure up", I was told... and, with all my confidence gone, I would've become a failure had it not been for you, Naruto... You saved me from me... you saved me from my own insecurities and gave me strength to face the world, to face the only path I could walk in those dark times and become the best ninja my circumstances and my own determination would let me... And this is how far I've come... After the war, my father offered me the position as leader that rightfully belonged to me, but I declined... In times of peace, I told him, I wanted to find my own path, my own interests, my own self, what I would've loved being had I not been born in times of war... And I did, and I was happy... But it seems that future held yet another fight for me, and I took it with honor. I see it now... I was meant to die fighting for my loved ones and save them when others couldn't, because that's my ninja way. This is my farewell to you, my lover, my savior, my hero. Protect our family.

And Hinata closed her eyes forever.

Kimochi went to the body and took out her eyes. Put them on, but the precious bug was right... they were sealed, he could not used them! Filled with anger, he headed out , taking Hinata's crushed body with him.