A - Section

Abaddon, Abaddonians.

Abaddon is the only province to be ruled by more than one prince in Jahannam (see D-section). The ruling princes are: Asmodeus, Amon, Belphegor, Azazel. These four were brothers when they lived as duta, and remain brothers as danava. They will be difficult to divide, as in better days they worked with one another to assure the success of their duties-so too now, they work together to satisfy their desires, be they greed or lust or wrath. Not much is yet known about this section of Jahannam.

Abaddonians are the inhabitants of Abaddon. The souls filling the provinces of Jahannam are not specific to the races of which they once belonged - each becoming a new race when they burn down. Instead, souls wander where they will, though congregation is a common comfort to them.

Acheron River.

River of Woe. This river is fed by the tears of the Old Man, as are all the tributaries in Jahannam. It feeds the inhabitants with the suffering of souls throughout the seven universes. This particular river is a trickle, a mere brooke, wending close to what is labeled the Pit of Acheron, or the Labyrinth. The reason for it's limited waters is the innumerable inhabitants of the labyrinth who draw from it.

 The reason for it's limited waters is the innumerable inhabitants of the labyrinth who draw from it

Acheron, Acherites.

A central province of Acheron ruled by Prince Belial and his nobility; the inhabitants of Acheron. This is where the Pit of Acheron can be found (also called the Labyrinth), and the River of Woe. Baron Morgentus rules the Labyrinth and makes the most use of the souls that fill this province. Belial hides in his broken castle on the outskirts of the ruins of a city he once ruled on Earth.

Adonai Elohim, King.

A jñanasattva of Nirvana who oversees the rule of Zion, often called God by some Samsaran races, but he did not create the universes, he is merely a messenger. His purpose is to allow lower resonating atman to live in Zion so that they may strengthen or weaken, become jñanasattva or be destroyed in Oblivion. Those who rise will return to their kind in Nirvana.

"The first thing I want to go over is the fact that Adonai is the figure that many scriptures attribute as God, but the jñanasattva is not God, nor is the Trilogy a religious story. What is God, anyway? Many have tried to define this being, falling short with only rudimentary understandings and limited language in which to clothe the figure. Humanity, especially, seeks to define the unknown in terms of themselves and the known. You certainly cannot define something that transcends your knowledge with any success. Scientific method requires a deeper exploration, quantifiable facts and attributes.

Thus, Adonai is a mysterious figure, who reigns over Zion at the behest of his Nirvana kin. His subjects know very little of him, as he keeps to a small court consisting of Metatron, Corpheus, Denius and Lemitus (also known as the High Council), and on occasion the head alder Ganesha and the Generals Michael, Raphael, Uriel and Gabriel. These commanders receive counsel and spread word through their ranks. The system is not unlike many feudal arrangements, with the king isolated from the masses and working with the highest officers to manage his rule. The rank and file, however, is where feudalism ends. None of the subjects are expected to pay taxes or are bound to lands. Neither is Adonai as isolated as it may appear.