06

"Oh, (Y/N)!" Daichi responds, just as surprised to see me

"Oh, (Y/N)!" Daichi responds, just as surprised to see me. "I hope I'm not bothering you."

"N-no, I'm just..." I say with an embarrassed tone, attempting to stealthily tug down my shorts to cover more of my legs, "I'm just in my pyjamas, is all."

"Oh, don't worry, it's okay," I notice him look once before meeting my eyes again.

He laughs quietly before continuing. "Sorry, you're probably wondering why I'm here."

"Yeah, a little bit," I respond with a smile.

"I found this," He says, dangling a keychain from his fingers. I gasp a little and he drops it into my hands.

"Well, after practice, one of our first-years and, unfortunately," he continues, saying the last word under his breath, "one of our second-years said that they saw something shiny in the ground and gave it to me for some reason. Good thing I saw the address and name on the back and figured it could be yours, otherwise I don't know what I would've done with it."

"Aw, I'm glad you— um, they found it," I grin as I look at it, placing it again on my bag carefully. "It means a lot that you came all the way here and gave it back too."

"It was no problem," He says, standing tall as he usually does.

"Hello!" A voice says from behind me. I forgot Mom had gotten home already.

"Oh, hi! I'm (Y/N)'s friend Daichi. Nice to meet you." He nods at my mom, who nods back.

"Are you the one who walked her home on Sunday?" She asks, and I wince.

Daichi shakes his head with a laugh and Mom looks surprised before nodding in understanding.

"Oh, well, it's nice to meet you too. It's nice to meet any of (Y/N)'s friends." She says before retreating into the kitchen.

"Sorry," I say with a look of embarrassment on my face. He waves it away and shoves his hands into his pockets.

"Was it Asahi who walked you home after the practice game?" He asks.