Chapter 7

It was a long night. Harry was up for most of it, reliving every delicious second, usually with his hand under the covers. The rest of the time, he wondered what this could mean.

OK, they liked each other. Had interesting conversations and enjoyed doing things together. Harry loved Draco's competitiveness and his intelligence, his sharp tongue and quick wit.

OK, they were intensely attracted to each other. All night, Harry could only think of kissing and touching him everywhere. Making him pant, shudder and moan. And the thought of Draco's long, pale hand running over his skin...

But there was a world outside the high hedge of this castle, and Harry had to use any means to return to it. The sooner the better. The longer he stayed, the deeper they would both get pulled into this. This, this... whatever it was. Harry knew he could easily lose himself in it. Dive deep and not come up for air for a year or two.

Draco had some feelings too, it was obvious. Were they strong enough to let Harry go?

Harry sighed. He strongly doubted it. Draco had been a loyal son his whole life. If he hadn't split from his family and Voldemort over his task to kill Dumbledor last year, he wouldn't do it for a few (incredible, amazing) kisses. And Harry couldn't stay here for weeks, waiting for those feelings to develop, never knowing if they would get there.

That left only one choice. One horrible, awful choice.

...

He awoke from a light nap to a strange sound. The cell door unlocked and swung open, but Draco wasn't there.

Confused but curious, Harry slowly left the cell and went to the bottom of the stairs. The thick door at the top was open too.

Harry's heart beat faster. Was this it? Draco setting him free? Acting like the doors were left unlocked somehow? Not taking too active a part in his escape?

He moved up the stairs, quickly but cautiously. What would he discover at the top? Lucius?

Instead, there was a dining room table covered with a dozen different foods. Pancakes, strawberries, whip cream, sausages, bacon and eggs.

He sensed a presence beside him. Draco, a tentative smile on his face. "I wanted to do something special...," he said, a flicker of self-doubt coming across his face.

Harry grabbed his hand and squeezed it. "It's incredible. Looks delicious," he said, but his eyes were going down to Draco's lips again.

Draco pushed Harry against the wall, kissing him deeply, nothing held back. Harry groaned, his arms going around Draco and hugging him close. Finally. It felt so good. So right.

A minute or two later, Draco was pushing him on to a sofa and climbing over him. "Brunch can wait. Stasis charm..."

Harry nodded. "Yes, this first. Need you so bad," he moaned, kissing down his neck. "But the house elves?"

"I sent them to the store. Told them to come back in two hours," Draco said, his leg slotting in between Harry's.

"Perfect," Harry said, rolling Draco on to his back. He did a slow grind against Draco, making them both pant. Grabbing Draco's wrists, he pinned them back against the sofa as he gave him a deep, dirty kiss.

But under one hand, he felt something hard. Draco's wand, tucked up his sleeve like most witches and wizards did. Harry didn't let himself think for even a second.

Grabbing the wand, he pulled it out fast and pointed it at Draco, his stomach sinking like a stone, his hand trembling a bit. "I'm so, so sorry."

Draco froze underneath him, his eyes wide, his face going pale. "You aren't...," he stammered, barely getting the words out, "you wouldn't..."