A Need for Revenge

As Olivia stood next to Reggie's stool, the garage doors opened. Carlos wandered in, staring intently at some picture he was holding.

"Hey, Julie." He began, walking straight through Alex. Olivia pursed her lips at the look on Alex's face as Carlos passed, careful not to randomly laugh.

"Remember those orbs in Dad's pictures? I-I think they're ghosts." He said, and her brows slowly furrowed. She didn't remember Julie ever telling her anything about those pictures, especially the part where Carlos thought they were ghosts.

Julie's eyes widened at her before she looked to Carlos, who was standing in front of her at the keyboard. He placed the picture down on the keyboard, and Olivia walked over, peeking over his shoulder at it.

"But don't worry. This room is... This room is clean. I'm not getting the ghost tinglies." Carlos said, glancing around the room. Olivia smiled, ruffling up his hair as he looked back at Julie. He narrowed his eyes at her, making her laugh.

"Little dude got it wrong again." She heard Reggie say, and she glanced back at him really quick to see a grin on his face.

"Have no fear. If they come back, I will protect you, because I am the man of the house." Carlos said, glancing between her and Julie. The two shared an amused look before Olivia placed her hands on his shoulders.

"Thanks for being the man." She grinned, pushing him towards the door. "We'll remember to call if we need you." She said, as she guided him out of the garage. He grinned and nodded before she shut the doors again.

"I like that little dude." Reggie smiled, and Alex nodded as he walked over to his drum set.

"Shall we try this again?" Julie asked as everyone got set up again.

"Yes, please. But remind us later. There's some Sunset Curve songs to show you." Luke said, glancing between Olivia and Julie.

Olivia raised her brows, crossing her arms. "My interest has been peaked, so now I've got to see them." She said, and his mouth fell open for a split second before he nodded. He bent down, grabbing his notebook, and then paused.

"'Home is Where My Horse Is?'" He questioned, and Olivia glimpsed over his shoulder to see a piece of notebook paper sticking out the top. She laughed as she turned to Reggie, remembering him say something about a country album.

"Reggie, stop putting your country songs in my journal." Luke said, pulling the paper out and setting it on the floor as he stood up. Reggie wandered over, looking down at it.

"That was a gift." He smiled.

"Thanks buddy." Luke laughed, as he walked over to her and Julie. He handed her the journal, taking a step back.

Olivia's eyes traced over the tattered black journal with stickers and sketches on the cover. It kind of reminded her of her own.

"I dog-eared the ones I think you two could kill." Luke grinned, and Julie glimpsed over Olivia's shoulder as she opened the journal up.

She flipped slowly through, seeing some of different songs. Her eyes looked over the lyrics that he had written, and a small smile curled onto her lips. He was a really gifted writer. She wished she could write music like this.

Olivia flipped to a page; the title reading 'Unsaid Emily.' Her brows raised as she read some of the lyrics, and Julie let out a laugh.

"Who's Emily?" Julie questioned, pushing away from her slightly. She raised her eyes up just barely, seeing Luke's face shift as he tried to reach for the journal.

"That's not dog-eared." He said, and Olivia pulled it closer to herself. She knew her curiosity shouldn't be running a mile a minute, but a song about girl... that was interesting.