𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 : 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐞

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

tw: mentions of parental figures fighting, mentions of bad relationship w/ father, swearing/cursing and mention of alex's parents (please read at you own risk lovelies!)

i also wanted to put out a quick disclaimer since it came to mind an hour after i DID post this, but i am not deaf (like ethan's character in the book) and i may or may not have gotten a few concepts correct, but i am willing to expand my knowledge on it. i didn't want people to think i was suddenly an expert since i added ethan as a character. thank you :)

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

Julie licked her lips as she sat behind the keyboard, her fingers ghosting over the keys as she snuck a glance at her best friend. Flynn stood front and centre, an encouraging smile on her lips as she pressed a singular button on a remote, bringing the projection prop to life. It made everyone a tad confused to why go out of her way for such a prop, but nonetheless sitting in anticipation for the Molina girl to start her song.

Julie's Phantoms all threw her a thumbs up and eager nods, ready to get the party started for everyone within the venue. It seemed that their nerves and uneasy tension had fallen off of their shoulders, leaving bright smiles and eager twitches that encouraged the living girl to start them off.

Admittedly, Julie was a tad bit nervous, especially performing in front of another crowd, and it didn't exactly help her unsettled nerves that she had snuck out tonight. Sure, Magnolia and the boys didn't see much of a problem with it, but she's never done something like this before. She could only hope that the adrenaline from the warm lights and rush of energy could let her just forget.

Tonight, it was Julie and the Phantoms, not Julie Molina.

"Hi! Actually, it's, 'Julie and the Phantoms'." The Puerto Rican girl corrected, receiving no reaction from their crowd. Flynn's lips formed into a thin-line, the eager silence the audience had given her, wanting to hear whatever the young girl had to perform for tonight. Magnolia had coughed awkwardly, shifting underneath the silence at the notice how bland everyone looked.