𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨 : 𝐠𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐛𝐮𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐞𝐬

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

warning: in this chapter, there are mentions of blood, death, cursing/swearing

warning: in this chapter, there are mentions of blood, death, cursing/swearing. please read at your own risk, and enjoy the chapter!

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

𝐥𝐨𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐬; 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟎

Everything in my life feels like a dumpster fire.

The nights in Los Angeles always felt like a fever dream, something Magnolia never got to see for herself until her soul had left her body. It was as if the night and the stars belonged to Los Angeles, the massive, neon signs illuminating onto her cool skin and the occasional screech of fast cars turning the roads into their own personal racetrack filling her ears. It was strange to say the least, seeing as people were more lively at this time of day while she felt numb.

Tourists were Magnolia's personal favourite, carrying cameras bigger than her own head to pose next to the Hollywood Walk of Fame, or the massive Hollywood sign that sat on the back hills of any major landmark of Los Angeles. She liked posing for the photos, confusing the tourists on why a massive ball of light was in their photo, despite there being no glare. She found it funny, watching them take several angles to shake that unbelievable glare that loomed over them.

She wouldn't torment the kids though, she already knew the pain of having her picture being taken. Magnolia liked giving pity points.

Tonight of all nights seemed to act like a ghost town, the chilly air not as bad as it was the nights before, making Magnolia really wish she wore a nice set of pants over her Sugar Plum Fairy attire. The roads near the hospital she stayed at turned silent, as if it were giving a moment to Magnolia and her parents to grieve.

Days turned into weeks, weeks then turning into months since Magnolia's accident, her parents never leaving her side for even five minutes. She could still see the pain in their eyes, the tension that made an appearance that December night far gone and simmered down to silence. The two barely spoke to one another which pained the Japanese girl, never seeing them so speechless.