Chapter 1 {A Normal Day}

Gabriella's POV

My favorite song "The Heart Wants What It Wants" woke me up for another long day of school.

I sat upright on my bed and listened to the lyrics of the song for a while.

This is a modern fairy tale,

No happy endings,

No wind in our sails

And I cant imagine, A life without

Breathless moments, Breakin me down

I let the rest of the song play before turning it off and getting up to turn the light on.I brushed my teeth and took a quick shower before deciding my outfit for the day.

I picked out a white long sleeved shirt that said "Wild Hearts Cant Be Broken" and some dark blue skinny jeans with white converse.I put on some mascara and light pink lip gloss and put on my black beanie that said "Flawless" across the top.I grabbed my phone,keys and my backpack then I headed downstairs to eat a bowl a cereal then leave to go to one of my best friends,Roxanne, house so we could walk to the bus together.

(Gabriella- I) (Roxanne-B)

What's up gabby?
Just livin life
Barely
Come on, we're going to miss the bus
Okay okay I'm coming

We walked the rest of the way to the bus stop and the bus was just arriving
We don't normally talk very much on the way to school but every now and then we have a small conversation about some random thing.

So did you talk to Na-
No! You ask me that every day! And I rarely ever talk to him
But you sit right next to him in science class! Isn't it rude to not talk to him at all?
No if I don't want to talk to him I don't have to.Its not like he is dying to talk to me either
But-
No buts Gabby, I still cant understand why you like him anyways Hes no good for you!
But we've known him since the second grade! I-

I was cut of by the loud,screeching noise coming from the doors of the bus opening.

Are you mad at me for saying that?
No... You're probably right anyways...
Cheer up Gabs, who knows i might be wrong
Whatever Roxy...Bye I gotta go to English
Bye Gabby see you in Math class

I never fully understood why Roxanne was always so against me in the fact that I still liked Nathan.I mean we all used to be best friends,
Oh, I forgot, You don't know about the past
Well, it started it second grade. Roxanne and I had been best friends since kindergarten and it was pure luck that we ended up in the same class once again
Then Nathan came along.Roxanne, Nathan and I along with some of our other friends were always together.
Nathan and I were especially the best of friends.And then I developed a crush on him. It stayed that way all the way to the 5th grade. But then he moved for the 6th grade.And in that time he was gone I actually had a boyfriend! ( He's one of my best guy friends now) But he came back for the 7th grade and I forgot I ever stopped liking him. But he changed when he came back. He used to be a good boy that cared about his grades and he cared if he got in trouble which rarely ever happened. But now hes different. He doesn't care about his grades at all and couldn't care less if he got in trouble or not.He even cut his hair in the weird (but cute) style that he would have never done before he changed.He is still my friend but we are not as close and I only have 1 class period with him (2 if you include lunch) and he is always with his other friends that get in just as much trouble as he does.I miss the old days and now that I think about it, Roxanne might not think he is right for me because he changed.I mean im not a bad girl or the rebellious type but I'm not a goody goody either. I get good grades but thats only because my mom will kill me if I don't. Anyways, I still like Nathan and I've tried to get over him many many times but it always ends up for me falling for him again.

The rest of the school day flew by without any problems which doesn't happen very often. But when I got home......that was another story.