Chapter 7

Nico

Well this wasn't awkward at all. Nico quickly took a step back before walking calmly away from the tall blonde. Will probably wanted Nico to act like nothing had happened. He got that.

"Your secret is safe with me. He said as he rounded the corner." He glanced at the nurse.

"Thanks for the note. I'll just take my pills later." Mr. Delian gave him a confused look but nodded, handing him the slip and putting the pills back in their container. Nico trudged down the hallway, not wanting to catch attention to himself. That failed. When he got two doors down from his fourth period class he was stopped by a tall blonde-ish kid who was hella skinny.

"Hey there newbie." The kid said with a sneer. Nico just rolled his eyes.

"I don't have time for this. Get out of my way stringbean." Suddenly four other people appeared next to the kid.

"Nobody calls Octavian a stringbean loser." One of the bigger ones said. Slowly Octavian's goons moved in on Nico. He just sighed and flipped Octavian on his back. That just made them angrier. One by one they all landed on the floor until there was only one left. He ran in terror as Nico stepped over the bodies and entered his classroom as if nothing had happened. Little did he know Will had seen the whole thing.

//Time just to After Class//

As Nico made his way outside he noticed Will was staring at him with a concerned expression on his face and even worse he was hanging out with that bastard Percy. Nico tried to ignore them but he had mad eye contact. Dammit. Now he would have to take an even longer route home in case Will got curious and decided to follow him. Some people might call him paranoid but Nico needed to be carefull. He couldn't risk putting other people in danger. He didn't need anyone else dead on his watch.

As he started the long walk home he was relieved to see nobody was following him. He put in his earbuds and started to sing along to the classical Italian music that was playing through them. In no time he was home. He took off his jacket and got his homework out, putting it on his kitchen table. As soon as he sat down his phone rang. It was Hazel. He answered immediately, not wanting to feel her wrath.

"Hey Haze. What's up." He said, trying to sound upbeat.

"Aww nothing. Just wanted to let you know I'm at your door and I'm coming to take you to my house so you can actually eat dinner tonight." Shoot. She was at his door? He couldn't make an excuse if she was right there.

"uhhhh."

"Come on! I want you over at my house at night anyway. Grab your homework. I'll drive." Nico let out a big sigh and put his bottom lip. A habit he really needed to get out of and said,

"Fine. I'll come and get you so you can help me grab everything." He held the phone away from his ear so he didn't become deaf by his sister's squeal. He made his way over to the door and unlocked all the locks. Once he saw her face his own softened. He hugged her tight, not letting go for a while. He suddenly felt the need to cry on her shoulder. She held him at arms length examining him, her roaming all over. When she finally spoke she said,

"You haven't been sleeping. That's it. You're staying with me and Frank tonight. No excuses you no longer have a choice and that's final." Nico just sighed knowing there was no way to escape it. He turned around to grab his homework to find it wasn't there but in a bag Hazel was holding. God she could be fast when she wanted to. Nico just sighed and put on his shoes, grabbed his keys and opened the door only to find the same man he had a little encounter with on the run to school.

(A/N Sorry this chapter really dragged on. I know it was boring. Hope you enjoyed anyway,)