Prologue

In the second shinobi war, Uzushio fell. Her people were slaughtered and scattered, and the sentient island fell asleep. Storms raged across the land when newcomers tried to claim the ruins and pillage the village. Those people disappeared, killed in one way or another by the animals and plants. All the traditions and scrolls to jutsu and secret techniques disappeared and the people who caused the massacre searched before the island started to kill them. So Kiri and Iwa went home with almost all their troops killed and no new treasures. They thought that the techniques had disappeared with the people. They forgot the reason that they had massacred the village was because of their power. The Uzumaki, with their seals, had found a way to summon the death god. An insider betrayed them and told the countries how to get through the defenses and that they could summon the Shinigami. It was this information that caused the other countries to fear. And so they killed them all.

Seals. Seals were one of the many things Uzushio was known for. There was never the thought that there was a secret keeper to the Villages' techniques. All of the history and information the village possessed in one seal.

Haruto Uzumaki was a jonin. He died in the massacre. Protecting his people. He was the secret keeper. Fourteen years after the village was bathed in blood, Haruto woke up and remembered everything. He looked down at his hands that were see through. He only bowed his head. He was dead then. And if he was dead, the village was most likely gone. He wanted to cry and sob for his dead people when he looked around at the carnage but he was a ghost. His shoulders shook. A ghost with an important mission. Find a living Uzumaki and transfer the seal onto them. A four year old Uzumaki. He almost didn't want to do it because the child would be burdened. The seal only allowed a four year old to see him and for him to transfer the seal to them. They would get all the information of Uzushio at one time. They would be able to do everything in theory but would need to build up their physical body and chakra to do it. There was no doubt the child would be overpowered, even at the age of four. They never had a need to transfer the seal before so Haruto was unsure. They would get his memories too so he was glad he decided to stay single his whole life and not have kids. There was no reason the child would lose that innocence. (Yes, sex is what I mean.) And the child would also see the village fall. See death before they became a ninja, be in a war in their memories.

He mourned for the child. But it was better that they knew they did have a family, even if that family was dead. Learn about the world before they learned for themselves. Now, he should probably go to Konoha to find an Uzumaki, that was the most likely place they would be.