Warm.

It's warm. I know that much. It's warm but everything hurts. When I gets enough energy I shoot up. It's never warm. What happened?

   My arms are free. The room is very bright. A… a hospital? What? Where is..? Am I dreaming?

   No it hurts too much to be a dream. What in the world happened? Why can't I remember it?

   "You're awake!" This person had a coat on. A doctor.

   Logically I shouldn't have flinched. Logic went out the window a long ime ago. I scrambled back and gripped onto the pillow tightly.

   "Hey hey. It's alright.." He held his hands up. "I won't hurt you."

  I was still tense. I gripped the pillow still. "What happened..?"

   "The police arrested Andrew Wilson for drug use. When they searched his house… they found you. What's your name?" The doctor scribbled on his clipboard.

   "Fresh… Fresh Queen," I mumbled out.

   "How old are you?" The doctor asked after making a note.

   I thought about it for a moment. I didn't know. How long was I gone? "What's today?"

   "August 10th 20XX." The doctor's answer was simple.

   "10." I answered, pulling the pillow close to my chest. "I want my mom."

   The doctor looked up and gave a sad smile. "Okay. I'll see what I can do. I'll be back."

   I nodded and gripped the pillow close. He was all alone here. I want my mom. I want Geno.

   "If you need anything my name is Dr. Jean." He gave a tight smile.

   Fresh nodded and sniffled. "Okay..."

   Dr. Jean left the room. I was all alone in my thoughts.

   I watched Dr. Jean through the window. He flipped through some papers and picked up a phone. Maybe he was calling Mom? I hope so.

   I heard a familiar ringtone theough the wall. A faint 'hello?' came from the room next door.

   Dr. Jean looked in that direction. His lips moved. I couldn't tell what he was saying.

   'What?' There's no way. I heard a door open.

   She stepped into the hall. She looked exhausted. She was turned away from me still.

   Dr. Jean looked a bit startled. His mouth was moving.

   And then Ma turned. She stared right through the window. Her eyes widened.