18.

Roanoke Island

November 05, 19:46 EDT

Klarion walked with Teekl in his arms, Scarlet Witch trailing behind them. They came to a literal crossroads and Klarion looked to Teekl. "How about here?" Teekl meowed and Klarion placed him down. "Finally." He pulled out a glowing amber gem from inside his suit jacket, holding it up to admire it. Klarion placed the gem on the ground in the center of the cross road, raising his hands and summoning his magic. 

A glowing pattern appeared on the ground beneath the gem, spreading outwards to create a circle around the gem. Klarion backed up to the edge of the circle, motioning Scarlet Witch to one of the smaller circles that glowed at the edge of the main circle. Klarion's eyes lit up. "Time to get the old band together. Wotan. Black Briar Thorn. Felix Faust. Wizard." As he said their names, they appeared in their own circles. Klarion rubbed his hands together, chuckling. "Now, heheh, let's put on a show."

The group began to chant an incantation, focusing their combined magic on the gem. 

Mount Justice 

November 05, 19:47  EDT

Wally, Kaldur, Pietro, and Robin were gathered in their street clothes along with Zatara, Red Tornado, and Batman at the base of the bioship, watching as M'gann and Conner unloaded the supplies. 

"Did you get everything?" Batman asked.

"Everything on your list, Batman. Plus groceries." M'gann supplied an answer, using her telekinesis to carry the groceries from the bioship. 

Wally and Pietro immediately ran over to the groceries. "Cookie fixins?" 

"Snickerdoodles."

"You better not eat them all this time, Wally. You don't even live here." Pietro grumbled, snatching one of the packages from the red head's hands. He looked up when the elevator opened, his heart skipping when he saw Zatanna step out with Artemis. Speeding up to them, he offered them each a cookie, which they accepted. "So, uh, seeing as you're back, Zatanna...does that mean you're joining the team?"

"I don't know. Zatara's so overprotective, just getting him to let me visit takes a full days wheedling." Zatanna sighed, taking a bite of the cookie. "I just wish he'd give me a little space."

Without warning, the three Leaguers disappeared into thin air. 

"Woah, what just happened?" Wally asked, looking at the space where the adults had just been. 

"I don't know, but I'm getting a sense of powerful magic being at play here." Zatanna looked at the team, shaken at seeing her dad disappear before her eyes. 

"Alright. Robin and Zatanna, you two stay here and try and figure out what has occurred while everyone else is with me. We need to see if this has happened to the rest of the League or if it was a targeted attack." Kaldur commanded. 

Pietro nodded, turning to go to his room but stopping when he felt a hand on his arm. Looking at the source, he was surprised to see Zatanna giving him a shy look. "Hey. Be careful out there, alright?"

Pietro smiled at her. "I will be. Thank you for your concern."

Running off to his room, he changed his sneakers to his reinforced ones from his uniform before meeting the rest of the team in the main cavern, getting his assignment. Departing from the mountain, Pietro ran around for awhile but came to the same conclusion as everyone else when he couldn't find any of the heroes over the age of eighteen. Or any adults for that matter. 

"-set up a refugee center at the high school gym." Wally's voice came through the com. "Any luck with-"

"No. Can't raise the Batcave, Hall of Justice, or the Watch- or any adult hero, even Red Arrow." Came Robin's reply.