24. Never Have I Ever

A month passed by with no big issues. Since it was November, I was freezing my ass off in the cold. I decided to study with Gideon and Aria under a tree near the quad.

The leaves were orange and yellow across the ground. But it wasn't quite like the dream I once had with Gideon and BH.

"Did you want to meet up with Cameron with Gideon and I tonight?" I asked Aria.

"Oh, I adore Cameron! I would love to see him, Ray and Ian again." She glanced at Gideon. "I'm surprised you like them."

"What do you mean?" He says with a slight chuckle.

"They're just so... wild. And they're the reason Jen's I'm this place in the first place."

My head whipped to Aria, my eyes wide. She stared at me, confused until she blinked and cursed under her breath to herself.

"Wait— you set your school's gym on fire with Ray, Cameron, and Ian?!"

I wanted to kill Aria. "It was an accident."

Aria let out a snort, and then covered her mouth with her hands, her long acrylic nails poking her cheek.

"Okay, so it was kind of an accident."

"What happened?" He asked, totally invested now.

"Nothing!" I yelled.

"JJ—"

"Nothing happened. I didn't do anything wrong."

"Then why are you being so defensive?" He asks, eyes narrowing.

"Because I don't want to talk about it." My throat began to feel tight.

"Just answer the question, kleiner Löwe," he says lowly.

"No."

"JJ—"

"Stop being so damn difficult, Gideon!" I yelled. "I'm not ready to talk about it."

Aria put a hand on my elbow. "JJ it isn't that bad. You did a stupid thing—"

I groaned as I stood, gathering my books. "I don't want to talk about it." My eyes started to tear up and my voice sounded strangled. "This isn't the time."

"When is?" Gideon asks as he scrambled to get up after me.

I huffed a sigh. "I'll see you guys tonight," I grumbled. I turned away from them both, hugging the cold books to my hoodie—Gideon's hoodie.

————————
At the apartment, I hurried to change in a dark green dress with spaghetti straps. It ended at my lower-mid thigh. It was a loose fabric, almost like a scarf. Under, I put on a white turtle neck.

I was going to freeze in this, but I looked like a snack.

I put my curly blonde hair up, leaving a few long strands in the front.

By the time I finished with everything, I was looking in the mirror, touching my hips as I frowned. And then my boobs. This dress made them look too big. Same with my hips.

Gideon came up behind me slowly, wrapping his thin arms around my waist slowly, fitting his chin into the crook of my neck. I put my hands on his much larger ones, intertwining them on my stomach as I looked at our bodies together in the mirror. We looked like we fit. Like we belonged. And maybe we did.

"You look beautiful," he whispers, kissing the edge of my chin by my ear. My eye littered closed softly, one of my hands leaving his and traveling to his jaw to trace it with my pointer finger slowly. "I'm sorry I tried to pressure you earlier."