Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Dayla strode into the high school, head held high and stride confident. All her homework was done and it was her first day back fully revived. The only flaw was the scar on her leg that hurt every now and then. She was especially proud of her outfit today, and when she is proud of her outfit you know she's in a good mood. She had on her dark jeans with her sperrys and an adorable jacket with her cute fluffed "scarf".  Walking down the hall to her locker she got numerous hello's and hi's. Smiling to them all she kept walking. She was almost to her locker when Ash snuck up behind her and whispered, "hey beautiful."

She laughed and smiled," hey." She continued to her locker and got out her books for her next class.

"You seem to be pretty popular these days," he mentioned, waving to a group kids who were saying hello to Dayla.

"Yea well," she grabbed her history book out of her locker and throwing her backpack in," it's my personality." She smiled and began to walk towards history.

"Haha, witty. Well, I'll be heading off to my art class, I'll see YOU in health class," he winked and walked away. Yes, he actually winked. Dayla just stood there, amazed that he could so easily pull it off.  Frustrated with herself she moved on.

Lunch was crazy. She sat at her normal round table, which was her, 5 girls and now, four guys because of Ash. Dayla felt bipolar. She was such in a good mood earlier and now she just wanted to break something. It seemed like all Ash did was flirt! She was just overwhelmed. Why should I care, she thought, I never actually started to like him! She finished her toasted bagel and Ash came around and tapped her on the shoulder.

"Wanna meet the earth guy?"

She had completely forgotten. She hoped so much he was really one of them. She nodded and stood up and they began their decent to the elevated level of the lunch room. She looked over at the guy they were heading towards.

"His name is Maddy by the way," he said.

She looked up," Maddy? Really? Or is that just his nickname?"

"No really! Hey there are a lot of guys named Maddy. I know like, 5."

Maddy did NOT look like he was gay. He had on a football jersey like all of the other football players. (They have to wear them on game day). He had ruffled longish hair that was a musty blonde. He was big too. Not overweight, tall and muscular.

Ash walked over, tapped on his shoulder and whispered in his ear. They guy look up at him like he was crazy, shrugged and the three of them walked out of the lunch room to the closed staircase.

"I have never met any of you guys so when you say, 'I think you have something to tell us,' it kind of creeps me out," he said hands up in surrender.

Ash just shrugged," we think you're hiding something that could be very important to us. Tell us Maddy. How many schools have you been too?"

Maddy's eyes got wide," that's an odd question. Especially since I don't know you guys!"

Dayla looked up at Ash, eyes wide with frustration," He's right, he doesn't know who we are and you're interrogating him."

"It's not a hard question to answer, unless he's embarrassed that he's been to a lot," Ash raised his eyebrows at him.

Maddy looked at the two of them," what do you mean? I thought this stuff was kept like locked up or something."

"You know what we mean, and for us it doesn't need to be locked up," Ash retorted.

Dayla touched his arm, hinting him to chill out.