さんじゅうご

in my head - bedroom

the door closed with a gentle thud while wonwoo pulled the duvets all the way up to his chin. he tried to ignore the fact that the window had been closed all day and the temperature resembled a sauna, not to mention he was still wearing both a shirt and a pair of shorts. it was mingyu who mentioned it the moment he turned off the light and the only source of illumination came from the yellow bulb on wonwoo's nightstand. 

"jesus chirst, it's way too hot in here." mingyu whined like a baby, dramatically plopping on the edge of the bed's footer with his back facing wonwoo "look i know it's a bit early to ask, but please tell me you're not uncomfortable with me sleeping in my boxers."

a blush crept its way up to wonwoo's cheeks at the thought of mingyu sleeping nearly naked. "w-well, i mean sure?" he replied, trying to cover up his stutter by ending his sentence faster than usual. 

"thank god." mingyu let out a relieved sigh as he pulled up his shirt and took it off, unaware of wonwoo who carefully took in every single movement. his gorgeous toned skin, the way his shoulder blade moved, the way his muscles tightened and loosened on every movement he made with his arms. 

and how hard wonwoo had to restrain himself from not crawling over to him and wrap his arms around mingyu's strong upper body. or how alluring it seemed to be enveloped by those muscular arms and be pressed against his warm toned chest. 

especially once mingyu turned around, being left in nothing but his boxers. the light on his nightstand drew an orange glow on his toned chest, making his skin shine like it usually did in the lighting of the sun. and even though he'd seen his body on the beach, it felt so foreign. as if it was the first time he actually saw him and paid attention to every little detail. 

"you're staring." mingyu chuckled as he dropped down on the spot next to wonwoo, a frown appearing on his face once his eyes landed on wonwoo "there is sweat forming on your forehead, are you insane! you'll get sick wonwon." he worriedly pointed out, trying to reach for his head to wipe the drops away. 

"it's okay, don't worry about it mingyu. i usually sleep with my clothes on when i'm around others."  if it wasn't for mingyu's presence, he would have gladly taken off his clothes. but he still tend to feel insecure about his body, especially when he compared himself to the greek god-like mingyu. 

"it's about your body isn't it?" mingyu recalled their conversation from a day earlier, where wonwoo slightly opened up about several insecurities. 

wonwoo knew there was no lie to escape it this time and decided to accept his fate. "i'm sorry.." he muttered out a small apology, avoiding mingyu's piercing gaze "i really, really, don't want to sleep with all my clothes on. but i feel like i have nothing to offer, compared to you. i don't have muscles, i don't have a toned skin, and my body temperature isn't even comfortably warm. while you're just, flawless."

a reassuring chuckle rolled off mingyu's lips, who couldn't do anything else but to stare at wonwoo's face. "you're calling me flawless, while i can't even see any of your so-called flaws." mingyu moved his hand up to wonwoo's forehead, brushing his curly hair out of his face "and i'm not saying i'm forcing you to take off your clothes, but you'll get sick if you sleep under a thick duvet with your clothes on in a room where it's thirty-five degrees. if it makes you feel better i can look away." 

wonwoo shuffled from underneath the blanket and crawled up to the exact same spot where mingyu had undressed himself, finding the right amount of confidence to repeat those actions. if he only knew how mingyu's eyes were plastered to him, filled with nothing more than pure love, when he revealed his entire back and tossed his shirt aside. 

and in that moment his entire body froze, his head dropping forward as his eyes glued to the wooden surface of the floor. he even flinched a little when he felt the mattress move and the warmth that radiated off mingyu's body came closer to him. 

"can i hug you?" a gentle voice hit his ear, making wonwoo nod without tearing his gaze apart from the floor. 

he even allowed himself to lean a bit backwards when two strong arms wrapped around his shoulders, mingyu back hugging him with nothing more than tender love. his legs appeared on both sides of wonwoo as mingyu pressed his warm chest against wonwoo's bare back, which surprisingly felt colder to his chest than he had expected. 

"if you ever feel uncomfortable with anything i say or do, please tell me. i really don't want to do something without your consent." mingyu whispered once he felt wonwoo's body relax and purposely leaning back against his chest. 

"i'm sorry." was wonwoo's only reply, spoken in just a bare whisper.

"hey, what are you apologizing for?" mingyu worriedly asked, pulling wonwoo a little further on the bed along with him "you haven't done anything to be sorry for?"

wonwoo let out a small sigh, staring up at the dark ceiling as he let the back of his head rest against mingyu's shoulder. "i don't have anything to offer you."

"that's nonsense!" mingyu contradicted wonwoo's statement "to me you're beautiful and i don't want you to apologize for something like that. come here, it's getting late we should probably get some sleep." mingyu let go of him for just a brief second before he quickly rolled over and enveloped himself in his blanket, keeping it open for wonwoo to join him "do you want to cuddle?" 

at first wonwoo only looked at the offer, letting his eyes wander off from mingyu's toned chest up to his gorgeous face. but he nodded fast enough, turning off the little light and leaving the room in pitch black darkness before he dropped himself straight into mingyu's arms, feeling how the tall guy covered his entire body with the blanket before pulling his face in the crook of his neck. 

and when wonwoo inhaled the safe scent that lingered on mingyu's body, he knew it was alright. being secured in mingyu's strong arms made him realize that there was nothing to worry about. nothing to feel insecure about. 

because mingyu accepted him for who he was and the way he looked. and wonwoo finally felt understood and wanted, by just the simple gesture of a hug. 

"thank you." wonwoo shortly muttered in his utterly deep voice, feeling how mingyu stroked through his curly jet-black hair. 

"there's no need to thank me won." mingyu replied, pressing several small kisses to his exposed forehead "instead, i feel like i should be thanking you."

"for?" wonwoo asked confusedly, his fingers drawing random shapes on the skin of mingyu's warm back. 

"for giving me another chance." 

but his words faded as wonwoo zoned out, falling in a deep slumber against mingyu's warm body.