THURSDAY'S GREED

THURSDAY'S GREED

DING DONG!!

Looking over at Franklin, I said, "Are you expecting anyone? Or anything?"

"No," he said as he answered the door. On the other side was a delivery man, practically shoving his board and a thick envelope down Franklin's throat before he and his partner proceeded to drop packages off on the front porch. Speaking to the rude delivery guy, Franklin asked, "Where is this coming from?!"

Recognizing the logo on the truck, I gasped as the delivery men loaded the porch with baby paraphernalia. "Franklin! Did you enter some kind of baby contest at the mall or something?"

"A few..." Franklin grinned as he looked at the truck's logo. "Did we win?"

"Open the envelope!!" I squeaked, practically jumping up and down.

Scanning the document, Franklin's face contorted from frown to grin to grimace to smile. "They really love you!" He said as he handed me a letter of congratulations from Franklin's parents and a cashier's check for $100,000.00 made out to...

"Dammit Franklin! This says 'Mr. and MRS.'" I almost ripped up the check.

"Hey!" he said snatching the "found money" out of my hands. "It has both of our first names, my last name and our address. We'll open a joint savings account for the baby!"

As I looked out on the porch while Franklin signed for the delivery, I was amazed at all that we'd received. "This must be a mistake. I JUST told you I'm pregnant. How in the hell did they know and exactly what did you tell them?!"

"The day you agreed to carry Olivia for me, I told my brothers," Franklin smiled as he directed the delivery men into the house, instructing them to leave everything in the extra bedroom. "When I told them you were pregnant, they told Ma before you and I did. I wasn't sure what you wanted to tell her since we hadn't discussed that yet."

As much as I was trying to make the extra bedroom MY room, Franklin kept me in his bed instead. Last night as I fell asleep on the sofa watching "Beauty and the Beast", Franklin repiled my clothes on the bed and carried me into his room. When I awoke this morning, my clothes were in Franklin's bedroom closets, clearing the extra room out just in time for this delivery.

"Ma was so happy to hear that we're pregnant but disappointed that we didn't get married first," Franklin said as he walked me over to the sofa after dismissing the delivery men.

"Our agreement started over six months ago, Franklin. What if we weren't pregnant yet?" I asked. "And why would we get married when I'm giving you the baby?"

"Now that you're all moved in, we would've gotten pregnant eventually," Franklin said as he pulled me in for a kiss. "Mom's old-fashioned and thinks all babies should have married parents."

"Uh huh? If this is some crazy 'fell off the truck' type stuff..." I said, looking at my Baby Daddy. "Does your family know about our arrangement?"

"Not exactly," Franklin said as he lay me on the sofa, kissing my ears, neck and breasts. Propping my legs up around his waist, he hovered over me. "All my family knows is that I'm having a baby with you. I didn't say we were getting married."

"And yesterday you sure as hell didn't stop them from thinking we weren't!" Attempting to take off his grandmother's ring, I said, "Take Granny's ring and save it for when you really propose to your dream girl."

"Woman, I'm not getting married! The whole reason why you're the one having my baby is so I won't have to deal with Baby Mama Drama! I want what you want: sex without the strings," Franklin said as his hand dove under my shirt to cup my left breast.

Still struggling to remove the ring, I tried not to succumb to Franklin's fourplay. "So as far as your parents know, you knocked up your longtime friend who doesn't want kids and has agreed to give you her baby."

"No one knows you're giving me the baby, not even my brothers," Franklin informed me before his lips met with my nipples. "They just know we're pregnant, which works out since everyone thinks we're a couple anyway."

"And what are you going to tell them when I disappear after Olivia is born?"

Instantly, Franklin sat straight up on the sofa. "Are you still on that? Ok so I love you! That's no reason to leave after the birth of our child!"

"I'm not here to play house with you, Franklin. If we weren't such good friends, I wouldn't be your No Drama Baby Mama. You're already showing your ass and I'M not even showing yet!!" I pointed out. "You're gonna have a heart attack trynna keep up with me! If you didn't trust me enough to have your child, I wouldn't be here having your child."

"True," Franklin said before pulling me up to kiss him.

"I am curious, though," I began. "The baby starter kit I can understand but why did they send us $100,000?"

"My parents set up trust funds for all three of us boys to hold money until we started our families. '$200,000 for new marriage, $100,000 for baby carriage' as Dad says. They wanted to send the 'baby' money after the baby was born but since I'm the first of us boys to become a father, they couldn't wait to celebrate. We would've gotten $300,000 if you agreed to marry me. Split it all 50/50. We already have the baby on the way. Whatcha think?"

"I think if you ever decide you want to find a gold digger, your family has a built-in bait system!" I laughed. I knew Franklin's family had money but I didn't know they had it sitting around waiting for special occasions!

"Sexy, I'm sorry," Franklin said as he pulled me onto his lap before rubbing my belly. "Sorry Baby."

"Sorry for what?" I asked in confusion.

"I'm sorry for trynna force us to be a family. I want you to stay and be a part of Olivia's life but trapping you isn't the way to go about it."

"The more you hold on to me, the more I want to run away! You should know that by now since that was your sole escape plan for all of your relationships!" I laughed hard, thinking back to countless conversations that Franklin and I would have after he'd broken up with yet another psycho.

"I know you don't want kids of your own but can you stick around and help me with the baby until I get the hang of it?" Franklin asked.

I heard me say I was leaving after the baby was born. I KNOW he heard me because he keeps coming up with new ways to try to keep me here. What part did he not understand because if he keeps it up, he won't see me til I drop off the baby!!

"You may as well know that I'm not the 'Mommy' type. You're pretty much using me as an incubator for your baby," I re-warned Franklin.

"I know, I know. You keep saying that. You might not think you're a Mom but you'll be the perfect Mom for Olivia," Franklin said before picking me up and carrying me to the bedroom. "In the meantime, let's get our playtime in before the baby comes."

By late evening and after countless hours of "playtime", I was feenin' more lovin'. But I'd already put Franklin down for the count so I decided to use the computer to get my emotions out.

"Dear Olivia,

My name is Clarissa Olivia Revelin and I am your mother. I am writing this letter just days after I found out you were coming. Your Daddy and I are very excited to meet you.

I won't lie. I'm a little scared to meet you. I mean I have no idea what a mother is supposed to do. I've been doing what my mom did to support me but that's not how I want to raise you. I want better for you, my Baby. With your Daddy's love, we will give you all that you need.

I love you and can't wait to meet you!

Your Mommy"

When I heard a loud sniffling sound, I turned around to see Franklin standing behind me. "May I?"

Rising from my seat, I traded places with Franklin as he wrote his own personal note to Olivia. Once we'd expressed ourselves in words to our daughter, I let Franklin explain to me why love isn't such a bad thing to be in.

To be continued in...

FRIDAY'S GLUTTONY

© December 9, 2012 Lea Mishell. All rights reserved.