Question 3

AccessBlade from DeviantArt asked: 

Can having too many powers and abilities that you can’t control at all count as a weakness? Made even worse with the fact that it is linked to her emotional state and that it’s in disarray? And that she pretty much has to clamp down on her emotions otherwise her magical powers go completely out of control? 

Then there is also the fact that everyone around her is scared shitless of her. Which hurts her a lot since before she went through a whole bunch of trauma that would have driven the average man insane, she used to be a pretty friendly and social person.

A lack of control of a power can definitely be a weakness. Even if with this power your character always defeats their enemies, they may lose part of themselves every time they lose control, or they accidentally hurt their comrades. And because of this lack of control, they may refuse to use this ability, and it could have other repercussions later in their life. 

Since the character, Raven, from Teen Titans resembles your description, let’s use her as an example. Her powers are linked with her emotions, and while happiness may not cause her to lose control, the other negative emotions such as anger, grief and fear may do that. On one coin, people might think she’s brave when her face may not give away her fear, but when she doesn’t admit she’s afraid, her powers become a life of their own. When she’s angry, she may not see who she’s hurting, and when she’s grieving, she may go into a meditative catatonic state and close herself off. So because she doesn’t, or can’t, show her anger, grief, fear, and maybe even happiness, people have called her creepy, can’t understand her, or just fear her altogether, thus, she’s quite awkward with intimate and personal relationships. This is all portrayed in the show, and during the show, Raven changes quite a bit from “I’ll help, but just stay away from me,” to “You all know my secrets, and even though I initially didn’t want you to know them, you do, and I care and hope that you don’t leave now that you know.”