Ten

I was sitting with Serena on the bed while she was looking at pictures from camp when she was eight. Why? I don't really know, but when I left my house Sebastian and my dad were going at it because of Maya and Blair spending the night. I wasn't staying in the house for that. "Well, you finally did it!" We heard Blair yell as she came into the room. "Made absolutely sure I'm never gonna get into Yale."

I looked at Serena confused. "What is she talking about?" I asked and Serena shrugged.

Serena looked at Blair. "What are you talking about?"

"Little Emma. Turns out she's less Holly Hobbie and more Jenna Jameson." Blair said and I think I'm even more confused.

"Can you speak plainly?" I asked.

"She's determined to become a woman on my watch, and if I don't help pimp her out, she's gonna character-assassinate me to the dean." Blair said.

"I don't understand. I thought she liked ice cream and magic." Serena said and I chuckled.

"Next time leave the scheming to the experts." Blair finally noticed all the pictures. "What are those?"

"Pictures from camp Suisse. Aaron dressed up as Cecil the caterpillar. I bumped into him outside the palace." Serena said.

Blair rolled her eyes. "The guy gave you a ring pop when you were six, move on."

"It was licorice and I was eight." Serena corrected.

"Ancient, unimportant history." Blair clapped her hands. "Focus, Serena. You got me into this, and I'm not losing Yale because of that little tart's libido."

I sighed. "Why don't you just occupy her for a while? Take her to the charity gala. When you get there, you can say you didn't know how lame it would be. Then it's time for her to go home. You're off the hook." I said and then, who i'm guessing is Emma, walked into the room.

"So I checked out gossip girl, and I'm thinking we hit Socialista before Beatrice." Emma said.

Blair looked at us. "See what I'm dealing with." I tried not to laugh and she looked back at Emma. "Emma, I was thinking, where is the glory in bedding down with some dirty manhattan hipster who's probably filming you on the nanny cam? You really want to make muffy jealous? Have your flower plucked by one of the elite."

"And where would I find someone like that?" Emma asked.

"Luckily, we know the place. But you're gonna have to pay a visit to my closet first." Serena said and Emma squealed with excitement before rushing over to the closet.

~~~

We all got ready for the party and Emma walked out of the room while Blair looked in the mirror. "You look beautiful. Can we go now?" I asked sitting at the end of the bed.

"Patience, love. The sooner we get there, the sooner the jig is up." Blair said, fixing her hair. "I'll go check on the vestal virgin." Blair walked out of the room and a worker walked in.

"Left at the concierge, miss." He said giving Serena a small box with a bow on it.

"Thank you." Serena said and he walked away. She opened the box and pulled out a licorice ring with a knot in it. She smiled to herself. "Well-played, cecil." She said to herself and I just shrugged.

"She's gone!" Blair shouted coming back into the room.

"Who?" I asked.

"Who do you think? Emma!" Blair said completely freaking out.

I sighed hating the first thought that popped into my head. "Any chance Chuck didn't come home today?" I asked.

"Ugh, that bastard!" Blair shouted storming out and we followed her. Serena sat on the couch with her phone looking for Emma, I was texting Chuck with no answer, and Blair was pacing. Which is very helpful. "Text him." Blair demanded again.