Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Peirs came over about twenty minutes later with a big, thin box in his hands. Dudley opened it to find a baseball bat. He layghed in delight.

We all walked outside and got in the car, all except Harry who was being pinned against the door by Vernon. I could hear every word.

"Any funny buisiness any at all, and there will be no meals for a week. Get in." Vernon said. Harry slid in next to me, a silly grin on his face.

the whole time we were in the car Vernon was talking about motorbikes. I had a feeling that Harry was thinking about them too. I don't know why though.

At the zoo Vernon got everyone an Icepop. But he settled for the smallest one for Harry. He seemed content with it though.

Me and Harry were looking at the gorilla and silently agreed thatit looked like dudley except less pink. He was fat like him too, even though Petunia said Dudley just had baby fat on him.

Dudley got bored quickly and we went to the last exibit. The reptile house.

He walked right up to the largest snake there, a Brazillian Burma. He tapped on the glass several times before walking away, bored.

'I get that all the time' I heard from the other side of the glass.

'Yeah, me to.' Harry said or hissed. the stranger thing was I could understand both of them.

'You miss Brazil?' I asked the snake.

'Never been there.' he said pointing at the sighn on the wall. It read: BRED IN CAPTIVITY.

'We never knew our parents either.' Harry and I said simaltainiously.

"Dudley, you'll never guess what the snake's doing." Peirs said, sprinting over. In doing that he knocked me down. then Dudley came over and did the same with Harry.

Harry looked angry and so did I. The glass in the cage disapeared and both Peirs and Dudley fell in. Wind started to build up around me as the snake slithered by us.

I stood up, wind wipping my hair and my clothes. Dudley was staring in amazement and fright. Petunia and Vernon were to obsesed with there son to notice me.

I calmed down and slowly so did the wind. Harry looked like he was happy. And Vernon was looking at Harry with annoyance. But then he looked at me with shock.

It took about an hour to calm down Petunia, who was drinking the tea that the zookeeper gave her. Harry and I were having a hard time keeping our faces straight. Dudley was whining and Petunia was sputerring.

'How is this possible?' I thought. 'I think I was in control of the wind.'