Chapter 9

Artemis's POV

I followed Wally into my bedroom trying to keep up with him. We reached my room and he sat on my bed holding his head in his hands, I slowly shut the door and stood in front of him.

"What's going on with you?" I knelt down so I could look him in the eyes.

"We were only supposed to come and get you." I looked down.

"Wally, he hasn't had a home in a long time. I thought you would understand that after what happened to you." his eyes went wide.

"H-how do you know about that?" I let out a dry laugh,

"I know when someone hasn't had sleep, hasn't had a shower, hasn't had fresh clothes, when they are abused." He coved his face quickly.

"I was abused for the early years of my life, Wally. I know what it's like to run away and have no where to go. I mean look at me right now, i'm living in a apartment I bout myself at 17." He looked up at me and smiled at me gratefully.

"Just be more accepting of Jason he's been through a lot." I placed my hand on his knee.

"Alright. Thanks Arty." I rolled my eyes,

"I still hate that name." I stood up as he laughed. I went to open the door but he put his hand on it quickly.

"Wally we need to-" he grabbed my face and kisses me passionately. I was shocked at first but quickly pulled away,

"I-I can't." He frowned and nodded. My face was blood red as I opened the door trying to get back to the others.

"Is everything okay?" Batman asked the both of us while Dick and Jason stood on both sides of him. Me and Wally both nodded when me and Jason made eye contact. He arched his head sideways with one eyebrow slightly raised. I shook my head as he shrugged it off,

"Well Artemis Jason go get packed." I smiled and walked back to my room with Jason.

"I can't believe this is happening! Did you see Batman give me a hug? A HUG ARTEMIS!" he picked me up and spun me around in excitement. I laughed at ruffled up his hair,

"Your suck a dork." I grabbed all my things and threw them in bags. I rolled them all out as the boys took them outside somewhere.

"We are so glad your coming home." Ollie held me tightly.

"Me too, Ollie. Me too." I smiled and held him closer.