Chapter Thirty

Clay's P.O.V.

Justin and I sat outside the emergency room waiting to hear about Aria and the baby's conditions. "I can't believe this is happening, Justin. If I lose Aria and the baby, I don't know what I'm gonna do," I sobbed into my hands. I felt Justin hug me gently. "It's gonna be okay, Clay. I know she's gonna make it, she's a strong and brave woman," Justin whispered. I looked up at him through my tear-filled eyes, and I saw Justin's kind and comforting smile.

"W-will you hold my hand, bro?" I asked holding my hand out. Justin nodded and slipped his hand into mine. "Yeah, I've got you, bro," He answered. A few minutes later, a doctor came out and told me about Aria's condition. "She's in serious, but stable condition, she's unconscious at the moment, but she will recover," the nurse said. I was relieved to hear that, now all that I had to worry about was my daughter.

"What about the baby?" I asked. The nurse turned over a piece of paper, and I could see for a moment, an ultrasound picture of the baby. "We did an ultrasound, and we found out that there is severe damage to the amniotic sack. This next part is going to be hard to hear, but if you want your baby to survive, we're gonna have to perform an emergency C-section on your fiancée,"

I couldn't believe that even though Aria was okay, but I was worried that my baby could die if I didn't let them cut her open so they can get the baby. "Okay, let's do the C-section, can I be there in the room with her?" I asked. The nurse nodded, and she led me into the emergency room and handed me medical scrubs for me to wear in the operating room. When they wheeled Aria into the operating room, I held her hand hoping that she would be able to feel the touch of my hand.

I watched as they gave Aria medicine so she wouldn't be able to feel the pain if she did wake up in the middle of the C-section. I kept looking at Aria and whispering to her telling her that she was doing a good job and that I loved her so much. "Mr. Jensen, stand up," a doctor said. I complied and I heard the sound of our daughter's cries fill the room, I started to tear up knowing that she was here, and from what I could see, she was a healthy baby even though she was born four weeks early.

The doctor lifted her up and I started smiling, she was so beautiful and I could tell that she already looked like her mother. "Aria, she's here," I whispered. I walked over to where my daughter was being weighed and checked, and I couldn't stop looking at her. "7 pounds 5 ounces," one of the nurses said. I knew that she was going to be a big baby, but I was still surprised to see how much she weighed.

"Is she healthy?" I asked. "Yes, she is, her breathing is good, and her heartbeat is strong," the other nurse answered. I was relieved to hear that especially because of her early entrance into the world. I looked back at Aria wondering what the doctors were doing to here, then looked back at my daughter. Once they got her all cleaned up, they handed her to me, and I was so happy that I was finally holding her in my arms.

"Hi sweetie, I'm your daddy, we've waited so long for you," I whispered. I gently kissed her head, and I brought her over to Aria, even though I knew that Aria wasn't awake to see her. "We did it Aria, we had a baby," I whispered to her. Now, all I could do was hope that Aria would wake up so she could see our baby.