ϟ nine ϟ

ϟ nine ϟ

Drew shuffled through her purse, groaning in annoyance as she couldn't find her keys. She ran upstairs to her room hoping that they would be laying on her dresser. Drew was right, as she snatched them off the dresser and ran back down the steps, her vans hitting the wooden staircase. Drew's mother walked over to Drew, looking at her with raised eyebrows.

"It's 10 at night and you don't have work. Where are you going?"Her mom questioned, her eyebrows furrowed. Drew looked at her and moved her hair behind her ear and looked down in a matter of seconds.

"Um, I just need to go out real quick for a friend..."Drew trailed off, biting at the bottom of her lip, showing a sign of nervousness. Drew's mom sighed at her, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Why can't you just tell me Drew? Is it a guy you're seeing? Are you partying or something? I'm worried this has been going on for two weeks already. You have to tell me. You're 20 already, and you dropped out of college, and now live under my house. I want to know what's going on." Her mother spoke, looking at her with sincerity. Drew's lips parted as she shook her head at her mom. She pulled her bag up higher on her shoulder.

"Mom. I'm 20. I'm an adult, I know what's safe and I know my wrongs and my rights. I'm not a baby anymore." Drew rolled her eyes ready to open the door when her mother stopped her once again.

"I'm looking out for you, and I've been doing that your entire life. I just want to make sure you're okay, and you're not doing anything crazy Drew. I love you, you know that?" Drew's mom answered her with a smile. Drew looked at her one last time with a smile, as she nodded, and slipped through the door, and quickly walked to her car.

Yeah she never really got to spend time with family, but mostly because she wants to live her life. You don't stay young forever.

Drew started to drive on the road, as drops of water started to hit her windshield. She groaned and started to go a bit slow. She hated driving in the rain, she just wanted to get to her destination as fast as possible.

She finally got there, as Drew put her hoodie over her head, to protect herself from the rain. She quickly ran up to the steps, hitting the doorbell eagerly and hoping someone would answer the door for her.

It was just like all the other nights. That time of night where she gets out of her house to meet that one person who makes her forget. Who makes her forget of the feelings, the pain, the hurt, and especially gets it off her mind. It was like her dirty little secret, except everyone kind of knew.

The door finally opened and she found Zayn smiling and showing off his pearly whites. He threw his arm over her shoulder, and kissed the top of her head.

"I missed you so much baby." Zayn spoke, peppering her in bunches and bunches of kisses. Drew giggled at his small affections and went on her tippy toes to kiss him on the lips. She dropped her purse and keys on the counter and sighed and put her hands on her hips.

"Did you tell anyone Zayn...you know about us." Drew trailed off looking up at him with sincere eyes. He hesitated and bit and gulped.

"Honestly Drew, I kind of have. Why do we have to keep this a secret anyways?" Zayn spoke with a hint of annoyance laced in his voice. Drew sighed at his question, shaking her head back and forth.

"We aren't dating Zayn. Well it's not official anyways. When it becomes official, then we can tell the entire world for all I care. Just for now, lets keep it on the down low." Drew smiled a bit to reassure him. Zayn's lips started to go in a frown, as he nodded slowly.