Chapter Five

I climb down the stairs. I am wearing white shorts with a purple shirt. The shoulders of the shirt have tears in them. On the front of the shirt there is a pink heart and under it says “Love”. I am wearing my white nike sneakers. My hair is up in a ponytail like always. I never wear it down anymore. The last I did was at my school dance last year. But my hair was short then.

I spot Jack with a group of boys that look familiar. I notice Jason and Simon right away. Some of them are either go to our school after I left or go to a different town.

I walk toward them. Jack spots me. “Hey. There you are,” Jack says once I am close enough. I smile. Some of the boys are checking me out. “So. Who is your friend, Jack?” One of them says. He has blond hair and brown eyes. he winks at me. I roll my eyes. “Some you should remember Jessica. Also known as JJ. Rings a bell?” Jacks says. Some of the guys that look familiar eyes go wide. “That’s Jessica. I thought that’s one of Madison’s minion,” One of them says. He has black hair and brown eyes. And he has tan skin. “Hey. Madison is hot,” Another one of them says. I roll my eyes. “No. She is a girl who doesn’t act like herself,” I mumble. Some of them laugh. I don’t know how that is funny. “Now that sounds like the old JJ,” One of them says. I think it is Simon. “JJ, you should mostly remember Jason and Simon,” Jack says as points to both of them. They are the guys I thought they were. I smile. “It’s nice seeing you guys again,” I say. “Nice seeing you too,”Jason says. I spot Madison coming our way. She is glaring at me. She grabs my arm with a tight grip. “Let me go,” I say. I yank my arm away. She glares at me. “We need to talk. Now,” she hisses at me. I look at all the guys. I sigh. “Fine,” I say. I follow her upstairs. She looks around to make sure no one is here. She pins me to the wall. “What did I tell you before you left to move, Jessica. I told you to stay away from the guys,” She scowls at me. I shove her away. “That was 8 years ago. I don’t let you push me around anymore Madison. That was before. This is now,” I shove her out of the way. I walk down the stairs. “You get back here Jessica! I am not done talking!” She yells in front of everyone. I don’t go back to the group of boys. I open the doors to the cabin and walk out. The mist touches my skin and makes it hard to breathe. I head toward the woods. I spot a trail and start running it. I always liked running. I wish Madison would just disappear from my life.

After a while, the mist has lifted and I have stopped by the lake. I love the view. I start to think if I should head back. Would Madison be there though? Maybe so. I won’t find out tell I get back. I run back toward the cabin. I open up the door. I look around. Madison is no where in sight. I take a deep breathe of relief. Someone taps on my shoulder. I turn around to find Simon. “Hey Simon,” I say with a sigh. “What was that all about?” he asks. “She was yelling at me saying stay away from the guys. Saying that I am stealing them away from her,” I say with a sigh. “Really?”Simon says with a shocked face. I nod. “What can I do? She use to bully me when I lived here,” I say. “So that’s why you always insulted her,” he says with a smile. I smile and nod. “I think that’s why I was insulting her. I don’t remember a lot. I hit my head and lost some parts of my memory,” i say. Simon winces. “That must have sucked,” he admits. I nod. “It did,” I say.

I hear the doors open and close behind me. I turn around to find Jack and the group of boys from earlier. They are all laughing. “What that about? Back there?” Jack asks. “I’ll tell you later,” I reply. “Hey, we are going to the pool later. You should come,” one of them says. I shrug. “Sure. And who are you?” I ask him. “My name is Jacob,” he replies with a smile. “Nice meeting you,” I smile at him. “So where is the pool?” I ask Simon. “By the lake,” Simon replies. I nod. “Hey. Do you still like watching football?” Jason asks. I roll my eyes. “What type of question is that. Of course I still watch football. Who wouldn’t?” I say with a smile. “I heard there is a game a in 15 minutes,” one of the boys I haven’t met says. “We could watch it down here,” Simon says. I look at the t.v. down here. It’s a 60 inch. “Not big enough,” I say. “You're right,” Jason says. “We could go to your room JJ. Don’t you have an 80 inch?” Jake adds. I nod. “I don’t mind. I have everything you guys need in there,” I say. Jason checks his watch. “Well lets hurry up and get there. Game start in less than 10 minutes,” Jason says. “Meet me in my room. Room 24,” I say.