79.) Deadline

"A month?" Dante asked in shock. "Etiquette dictates that a notice of one month minimum is required when inviting guests to a gathering! We havent sent out the invitations." Dante said looking directly at his father.

A loud bang of a hand on the table. Sent a vibrations down the table. The decorative metal trembled like it knew fear, and maybe it did for all I knew. Dante turned his face to look directly infront of him instead of at his father.

"That's why you will be delivering them tonight." The high lord growled with a steely glare. I cowered lower half hidden by the table. His stare wasnt directed at me but I still felt an aura of animosity radiating from the head of the table.

I didnt understand why the date would be moved up but it felt like a bad situation. I looked at Cerastes and scrunched my eyebrows together in confusion. He looked down at me out of the corner of one eye and shook his head. No questions, not right now.

"I've already written up the notices. I doubt they will have any clan will have an event that takes priority over this one. You'll personally deliver the notices tonight." The high lord Kavern ordered. "Consider it a punishment for not being able to keep Talon in line."

"And you." The high lord notched his head to Cerastes. "That ones identity will be concealed until the feast. We'll reveal it after Vihars presentation."

"Yes." Cerastes nodded in agreement.
.....

"This character makes the 'sss' sound. You write it like this." Cerastes scratched the paper with a clawed nail. Vihar sat in his lap he had dipped each of his nails in the ink flexing them and dripping small blobs  when he scratched through the paper.

"Is he old enough for this? I dont think he will remember it." I said sitting on the edge of the desk as they worked on Vihars education. "Hes only a couple weeks old he doesnt even know what were saying."

"Dragons can remember things from the time they are born and our language is known from birth. As long as I say it in the first language he will understand." Cerastes said holding Vihars hand to the paper delicately to prevent him from gouging through the paper again.

"Do you have memorys from when you were that small?" I leaned in closer watching Vihars wiggly characters form on the paper next to Cerastes's neat ones.

"I'm a dragon of course I do." He spoke with a annoyed tone.

"You know i didnt mean anything by it. I know your a dragon." I soothed him. "I dont have memories from when I was that little. Maybe I should try talking to him in your language."

"Its not something that can be easily taught." He replied.

"Your teaching him to read and write right now. It's not like I cant understand when you speak it but it just becomes automatically translated. I just dont know how to put those words out."

"The first language is just something I know. The character alphabet was an invention. You arient born knowing it. The first language is a living thing that lives in you. I cant tear of a piece and give it to you." He said cleaning of Vihars claws with a rag.

"I want to talk to Vihar to. Just teach me the important things." I scooted closer.

He sighed. "What are the important things?" He said putting Vihar down to prevent him from reaching the ink. He closed the little semi clear bottle of black ink and locked it in his desk.

"You know the important things like, are you hungry, or are you thirsty, and I love you." I replied scratching the outside of my thigh.

"He will just come to your breast if hes hungry or thirsty theres no need to ask him." He said standing up.