Chapter 3

"How can you not be worried?" Ruby looked concerned at her friend, who shrugged carelessly and sipped her drink.

They were at Ruby's party, which took place in the town's diner, that was owner by Ruby's grandma. Ruby had managed to get her grandma to stay over at a friend's for the night.

Music was playing rather loud and even though the party hadn't been going on for that much time, some people were already tipsy.

"She threatens me all the time, but my ideas always top hers," Emma replied. She'd just told Ruby about her time spent with Regina in the bathroom.

Ruby was quite worried about her friend, whereas Emma was merely curious as to what Regina would come up with this time. It couldn't be too bad.

Her reputation at school already wasn't that high, and her friends were all aware of the feud between her and Regina, so they didn't look up when something between the two happened anymore.

Quite a few people were already present and Emma looked around to see if there were other people she knew and liked.

Ruby had emptied the entire diner and everything was cleared out, apart from the counter, which people now used to get drinks and snacks.

"Oh, there's Belle!" Emma exclaimed in ecstasy and pulled Ruby with her to her other friend.

"Hi, Belle!" Emma said and hugged her friend.

"I heard you got into trouble during English," Belle said loudly, to get over the sound of the music, and Emma flashed an angry glare at Ruby.

The two brunettes shared everything, but Emma didn't really need Belle to know everything that happened between her and Regina as well.

"Don't blame her, everyone is talking about it," Belle said and laughed as she sipped her drink. "Oh, there's Elsa! El! Elsa!" She yelled loudly, trying to get the blonde's attention, and, surprisingly, it worked.

Elsa came walking towards the three girls and grinned. "So, you're still alive, Emma. I've heard many stories about you and Regina, all from different people, and all variations. One of them included you and Regina making out."

Emma burst out in laughter and had to contain her tears of joy. As Regina was rather popular, many people knew that she and Emma had something going on. Most people were aware of the fact that it were fights, but some people dared to think differently.

"To clarify one thing, we did not," Emma said with a serious tone and giggled softly. "Though I wonder who told you that."

"Midas and Graham, their fantasy is way too big," Elsa replied and laughed.

"I think Regina's coming here, though. Tonight," Belle said and looked around to see if she could spot the brunette. "I overheard her talking to some friends."

Emma groaned softly. "Rubes, because it's your birthday, I am not going to do anything to ruin it," Emma vowed and smiled at her friend.

"Outside of school, I don't mind your fight much, Em. I just don't want you to fail your classes over such stupid things," Ruby said and smiled at her friend.

Emma felt touched by the sincerity in Ruby's tone. The girl genuinely cared about her and she loved her friend. Her concerns were unnecessary, but still quite sweet.

"Rubes, I'm doing great in school. You really shouldn't worry about me," she said and hugged the girl.

Another group of people joined them and they started talking about all kinds of things, until Jack, one of Ruby's dear friends, turned to Emma and genuinely smiled.