Prologue

Five years ago, I was a damaged, broken woman just returning from the island of Lian Yu with my older brother, Oliver Queen, after a long time away (pretty much nearly dead). The adventures that we've had since, the friends and allies we've made, the enemies we've fought - all of it is nothing compared to what will come next. 

At first, it was just me and Oliver on this lonely crusade, living a double life to all that we knew and loved. On the outside, by day, we were the Queen siblings, inheritors to a massive legacy left behind by Robert Queen's death. By night, we were the Arrow and Athena. We brought justice to our city and one by one, we brought remarkable people into the fold, trusting them with our secret. 

John Diggle, the rock of the team and our everlasting reminder to not break away from the people we truly were. 

Felicity Smoak, the computer whiz with a complicated past and a gentle soul. 

Roy Harper, the bad boy from the streets with a thing for a certain Queen sibling. 

Barry Allen, the speedster from a nearby city with a quirky personality and infectious humour. 

Sara Lance, the Canary with an elusive personality. 

Laurel Lance, the second Canary, deceased as a result of Damien Darhk's reign of terror upon Starling City. 

And Thea Queen, our youngest sister, the badass fighter with a difficult relationship with her father - and a thing for Roy Harper. Now Speedy in the place of Arsenal. 

All of these people and several more, either brought into the fold by our choice or entirely by accident. They've become our biggest supporters, our best friends, our comrades, and our closest confidantes. I never thought I'd be sharing this journey with these people. But I'm grateful to. 

My life as I know it, though... is about to change. 

In some ways for the better, and some for the worst. Either way, I'm looking forward to it. 

And I'll face whatever comes my way. 

Because I am not just Evelyn Queen, sister of the mayor, Oliver Queen. 

I am also the vigilante by night, the dagger-throwing, smart-mouthing guardian of the streets. 

I am... Athena.