Chapter 19: Return to Lian Yu

'The name of the island they found me and Evelyn on is Lian Yu.
                                                                     It's Mandarin for purgatory.' 

                                                                                   - Oliver Queen

Slade stood up, walking to the cell door. 

'What brought you back to the island?' 

'Like I said...' Oliver replied, pushing the key into the lock and turning it, 'I need your help.'

'What the hell's going on here?' an ARGUS guard yelled, rushing in. Oliver turned to the man. 

'We have a problem, and I need you to get off the island.' 

'I'm not going anywhere. Neither is he.' 

'I'm taking him, and I'm taking Digger Harkness. There's an ARGUS supply boat that's docked on the eastern shore. You take it, and you go.' 

'I'm not abandoning my post.'

'Suit yourself,' Oliver said, turning away for a moment, then slammed his elbow into the man's face, causing him to fly to the ground, motionless, his gun laying a few paces away from him. He turned back to see Slade Wilson opening the cell door, shutting it softly on the way out. 

'Would you like to explain what's going on?' 

'I'd like to talk about you for a minute. You seem -' 

'What? In possession of all my marbles? The Mirakuru wore off a long time ago, kid. I mean, I remember everything that happened. I'm not trying to escape that, but it feels like some bad dream. Now, regardless of my sanity, why do you want to help me after everything I've done?'

'There is a man here on the island named Adrian Chase. He's holding my friends and my family hostage, including Thea. And my son.' 

'Since when do you have a son?' Slade asked. 'And what about your other sister - Evelyn?' 

'I don't know where she is, but I suspect she's with Chase at this very moment. Slade, are you gonna help me or not?' 

'I think I'm stating the obvious when I say I killed your mother, and for that alone, you should have killed me.' 

'Maybe what's happening now is the reason I didn't.' He pulled out a USB and handed it to Slade. 'This is all the intel that I've been able to gather on your son Joe, including his present whereabouts.' Slade took it, looking down at it, then back up at Oliver. 

'Are you offering to help me find my son?' he asked. 

'I want us to find both of our sons.' He walked over to the duffle bag that he'd brought and unzipped it, revealing the Deathstroke mask, and brought it over to him. Slade took it.

'You and me, kid. Like old times.' 

On the rocky shores of Lian Yu... 

'You know, if we're going to fight side by side, we're going to have to at least speak with each other,' Nyssa al Ghul said, bringing a silver briefcase and sitting it on a rock, opening it. 

'I know. It's awful,' Malcolm Merlyn retorted. 

'Pity.' She stood and walked around to stand next to him. 'By now, I thought you'd realise that by disbanding the League of Assassins, I freed us both.'