Friends and Fear

Nicolas' POV

I watch as Jason walks away, his threat ringing in my ears and it makes me whimper.

When he finds out that I've been hiding all the mean people and what they say, he's going to be so mad. But I know he wants to leave to find his Mate and I don't want to be a burden to him.

Benny doesn't agree with me as we watch as eyes follow our brother, looking at him like he's their next victim and it makes me shiver in fear, even if I know Jason is big and strong.

'I don't care about his Mate, Nick! We could get hurt bad and I don't want to." Benny's eyes tear up and I can feel my body begin to mirror the action, the thought of us getting hurt by someone because of how small we are, scary but accurate.

I try to ignore the emotions going through me and finally begin walking away from the car, my shoulders scrunched into me as I try to avoid detection.

Once Jason gets into the school, everyone goes back to their friends but I can still hear people talking about him.

"Did you hear about what he did at his old school?"

"That dude is fucked up in the head."

"He's hot, but not enough to ignore the crazy."

The whispers make me want to curl up into myself and put hands over my ears because I know what happened. Jason thinks I don't, but I would stay up and wait for him to come homes sometimes, too scared to go to sleep when I knew he was still out in the dark, and sometimes I would listen to his conversations.

Jace has always gotten in trouble since we were little and last year, he was so hurt over not having a Mate that he started doing his own thing. Until he found a group of guys that had started bothering Clary.

She didn't think anything of it, but those boys were planning scary scary things about her, and one by one, Jason found all of them and took care of them, some ending up in the hospital, and some missing.

There's one incident that happened that was big that I never knew the details of, but I know it was the source of him getting arrested and almost put in jail on adult charges. Everyone is scared of him now, but I think he's the best wolf ever.

'He's still mean.' Benny mumbles and I shush him and he growls lowly at me.

I'm walking past a group of athletes and I can feel my chest get tight as I pass them, fear of one of them no going who I am, making my hands shake slightly. Just as a get a couple steps away, I feel a hand on my shoulder and I whimper, flinching from the touch. When I open my eyes though, I find my one friend, Nathan standing there with a concern smile.

"Hey, man. You good?" He asks me, hand on my shoulder rubbing softly and I breath a sigh of relief as I nod my head.

The both of us turn and begin to make our way into the school as I try to calm my racing heart, my anxiety too high for today.

I'm ready to go home.

I hate school.

" Do you want to go home? I can call your mom?" Nathan asks and I quickly shake my head, not even wanting to go there. I'm tired of having to be around people all the time. I wish more would listen to Jason and leave me alone.

"No. Just not a good day." I tell him, referring to the overstimulation and already being smothered to death.

"Well Calc is cancelled for the day and some other buddies of mine are going to get ice cream for first hour. Do you want to come?" He asks me and I bite my lip as I think about it. Ice cream sounds good, but being around people makes me shy and anxious and I don't want own fo my siblings to come looking for me and not be able to find me.

"No, I'll stay." I tell him and he gives me a sad smile and a hug before he leaves, waving bye to me and leaving me in the middle of the hallway.

Too many people around for me to feel comfortable, I whine deep in my throat and hurry to the bathroom to the left of me, breathing a sigh of relief once I find it empty.

I sit on the counter along the wall thats for backpacks and think about staying in here for first class, or just under the hallways are clear to make my way to the art room or library. Just as I'm making a decision, the door opens and I jump in surprise, ready to scramble down until I see who is it.

Liam Richards.

One of the only people that don't care about who my brother is and mess with me anyway.

Benny immediately gets scared and hides away, licking me out and I press myself into the wall behind me in fear. I curl into myself as I watch Liam get closer, a scary smile on his face that makes me shake like a leaf.

"Well, look at the little runt." He comments as he comes closer and unlike Jace, the nickname doesn't sound endearing or sweet at all.

~~~~~~~~~
You guys have been asking for a bean that's not sassy and is all softness and sweetness and I believe that Nick will be it! He's so sweet and I'll beta up anyone that touches my baby. I'm about to go get my nails done, come back, take a nap and then start writing again so I should be writing before.... 2?

Thoughts?

Comments?

QOTD: What cheesecake is your favorite?