Mott POV with Harlowe

I knocked lightly on the lord of Libeths door. I pulled down the hood of my clock as I scanned the surrounding area. I just needed to find the Idiot. "He's such an Idiot." I muttered under my breath. 

A young woman came to the door "Can I help you?" 

"Yes. May I see your lord?" 

"He's asleep."

"Its an emergency." I said stiffly.

She hesitated then nodded and stepped back "Come in." I nodded thankfully and followed her in. The lord was sleeping so the maid knocked and at a enter she walked in. I waited looking around hoping to see the idiot. Harlowe came out a few minutes later. I bowed slightly and said "Lord-" 

"Please, call me Harlowe. How may I help you." he asked walking away a candle in his hand. I followed and answered.

"Im looking for someone. He wouldnt have used his name. He's about this high and you can tell hes a trouble maker by the annoying glint in his eye."

Harlowe frowned "Are you related?" 

I shook my head "So you saw someone like him?" 

"Yes. Just yesterday." I beamed and nodded 

"That was his majesty, King Jaron." Harlowes eyes widened

"Come into my office." He pushed open the door just as a young boy pushed open the window. 

"Stop!" I withdrew my knife. He slid down off the sill and turned. I gasped along with Harlowe. I lowered my knife slowly. 'Idiot. Idiot. Idiot.' 

"Youre Jaron. But why-"

He looked at me for help and I glared back. A man climbed through the window and said "I saw the light. I thought you needed help." 

"I dont." The idiot said unsheathing his knife. I put my hand on Harlowes arm

""This isn't who you think it is," I said. "This boy is one of the finest thieves of Avenia. I've seen him before and I know he's capable of everything he says he is. You should give him whatever he wants. He'll always get it anyway."

Erick looked at the idiot "What ARE you capable of?"

He turned to Harlowe and demanded "Whatever coins you have here, I want them. Now." 

Harlowe stiffened I pushed him forward, and Harlowe said, "I don't have much here." He reached for a frame on his desk. "But this is made of gold. It's worth a lot."

A sketch of a young girl was in it. "I don't want that picture," Idiot said. "But I'll take the frame."

Harlowe removed the sketch and set it carefully on the desk before Erick took the frame and dropped it in a bag he'd brought with him.

Next, Harlowe reached for something inside his vest and handed it to me. "You can take this too. It's also gold." 

Idiot tossed it back at him. "That's imitator's gold. It's worthless." Unable to avoid my eye, He added, "Surely you know that I can tell the difference between that and real gold."

"Obviously you can't." Erick frowned at him while holding out his hand. "It's real enough for my needs."

"If anyone's taking it, I will." Idiot reached for the watch, but Erick swatted Jarons hand out of the way and flashed the blade of his knife. There was nothing to do but give in.

"This boy doesn't mean anything more to us than imitator's gold," I said, staring at him trying to communicate. "Give him some coins and he'll go."