Underground

The investigation of Alvis’ escape somehow was narrowed down to two of them, unbelievably, I’m not taken as a suspect, and soon as the sun rose that morning; they woke up in the Fatals’ Quarters or eyes wide open without sleep.

I reached our room around four in the morning. I washed my face and hid the cloak under my bed, just in case I go breaking school rules again.

The absence of roommates is so depressing. I go whispering some notes from the songs, I knew. When the clock stroked five, I started talking to the different things around me.

“Hey toaster! Heave some toasts can you? Oh! Mr. Teapot, do you still have tea in you?” Sighs... just these first hours of being alone are already driving me crazy. I admit it, I hate being alone.

I laughed at myself and after awhile, I found myself crying. The tension I’ve got from the very fast turn of events, the spared adrenaline and the fact that there’s no talkative mouth that’ll console you, these things broke my last defence. I buried my face on one of the pillows and sob, cry, weep... and snivel some more.

When I came to class that morning, I found out that the institution has given them the good wood to gnaw. Pity. They were informed that Roxy and Jaray have gone to the city to represent the school to an annual battle of the brains and some E-fights. Obviously, they can’t name the Council of the Greaters for these events. 

I can’t blame the Council for their actions. I may have been included myself if not because of miracles.

The next weeks were so action-less, boring. Sir Quinoax started his class normally. He went into detailed discussion of different laws but the major idea of these was ‘never overuse the things given to you’. Living things essential for human or non human consumption are the only things exempted from being killed in any manners, be it elementally or non-elementally. Before the end of this year with him I realized that laws in here were just modifications of the mortals’, it’s like the word, elementals, non elementals, were just inserted.  

But one thing is legal here, killing murderers. This change in the law was made after D5’s wrath and the use of any e-ability towards one another is only allowed when it is academically needed and when in life threatening situations. And this is where; he went into more detailed dialogue on what are life threatening situations. You see, nobody shall go out and kill anyone and say, “Hey! I only did it out of self defence!” You must prove, you’ve say ‘hi’ to the Reaper and he let you slip away and live. Geez... whatever...

Meanwhile for Technical writing, we were instructed to prepare a feasibility study that’s due when the class returns after winter break. It was a group work, and the Gods have heard my prayers! I was with Clarice, Nicolei and Kristi, all aliens when it comes to paper works. I’ve got everything I need in them. Haha.

Logic, one phrase to describe my experience here before the year ends, ‘Mind squeezer, it kills me to the bone marrows!’ (Two phrases actually) Prof Samartia is still the all knowing walking encyclopaedia. She knows the world mafias, some underground organizations in operation. She can see through peoples’ actions, how dumb they are to pursue actions against the government, but what could little uprisings over here and there do?? Chaos only. Headache in the traffic. And another thing, how we adore culture of other civilizations or race until we’ve sacrificed what’s ours already. These actions when not tolerated, we’ll live as a nation of diverse culture with no true and self identity.

 Calculus, as always, hard and really fast!!! The brake fluids might’ve ran out already, there’s no stopping or slowing down the mouth and hands of Mr. Borsel. He instructs us, sympathetically, to follow, that he’s not too fast we’re just too distracted, too slow and too inattentive to digest everything he says and write at the same time. Wew.