Yokai!? yes yokai... Are you sure!? Yes I'm sure...

(Setting: in Nate's room)

Nate's pov- 

I'm pretty sure this girl is the Mysterious girl everyone has been making rumors about. A cold emotionless face, dull (e/c) (eye color) eyes, and no parents! "H-hey are you ok?" she asked coldly wait was that a hint of worry? "yeah I'm ok! I was just thinking about something!" i said waving my hands frantically. "Ok then." she said. "Is it just me or is something suspicious about this girl?" whisper asked obviously suspicious about the girl. "Shut up whisper! you don't know that yet!" I said. "Whisper huh..." she mumbled something I couldn't hear "What was that?"I asked. " Oh nothing. I was just wondering what we were gonna do..."  She said blankly "Oh we could draw something!" I said making up a quick excuse to leave for a while. She just nodded slightly. "Let me go get the supplies!" I said and rushed out of the room an into the bathroom. 

(Y/n)'s pov

"Oh we could draw something!"  he said obviously lying to me I played along and simply nodded. ."Let me go get the supplies!" he said and rushed out of the room. I began to float around looking for a yokai with my necklace

Oh! found one! I floated to it and took out a borrowed yokai pad that I got from (Y/Y/N) "Um

Oh! found one! I floated to it and took out a borrowed yokai pad that I got from (Y/Y/N) "Um...excuse me..." I said getting the cat yokai's attention "you're jibanyan right?" I asked making the poor cat choke on his chocobar so I  pat his back lightly "you ok Jibanyan?" I asked. " you're nyot nyate! How do you knyow my nyame?!" he asked still not realizing that I had a yokai pad in my hands "I have a yokai pad." I said showing him the yokai pad. Before he can comment on it Nate walked in pure shock. His neigbor is literally floating and is talking to herself. Now I'd be the talk of the town! I quickly floated down and acted like nothing happened. It was quiet for awhile. "You know about yokai don't you..." I said breaking the silence. "Yokai!?" he said trying to keep up his little dumb act. I stared at him and suddenly my cheeks heated up...he looks kinda cute...Wait..NO (Y/N) FOCUS!!! "Yes yokai..." I said dragging the "ai" in yokai. "A-are you sure?!" He asked still trying to keep up the act. "Yes I'm sure... I mean you have a yokai watch!" I blurted out. Oops... I looked up at him and he was blushing I mean I would be blushing if I got caught like that. I heard his yokai say " She seems smart. You might learn some things from her" "Shut up whisper!" Nate yelled obviously even more embarrassed. "Ah so his name is whisper!" I said pretending that I had just realized. "wait who is your yokai butler?" Whisper asked me. I pointed at my house "those girls you saw were only in human form but, they are actually yokai!" I said. "Random question, Why is your face the same all the time?" Nate asked. "It runs in my family! The only way to fix it is to find true love or something dumb like that... I don't believe it though..." I stated. "That sounds tough." He said empathetically "It's not that bad. It just makes people think that you're always being sarcastic." I responded. He just stared at me for a while..."Why don't we go draw now?" I requested awkwardly. "You actually wanted to do that didn't you..." he said only now realizing that he had kept me waiting. "...Yes......yes I did" I responded. He got up and got papers and stapled them together."What are you doing?" I asked him. He didn't respond and he drew a few things on each page then stared back at me so I waited patiently for him to finish. "Here use this! Then I'll be able know how you're feeling!" He said enthusiastically.

 "Here use this! Then I'll be able know how you're feeling!" He said enthusiastically

A notebook with facial expressions on it... I flipped to happy face (the one above) and said "thank you so much Nate! (Y/n) chan board says all smiles!" He just stared at me for a while and then laughed " what was all of that about?" He asked still laughing. "...Oh! That's because my friend has one of these and she says the same thing!" I flipped to an embarrassed face "(y/n) chan board says embarrassing..." I finished saying. "(Y/n) home time!" I heard  (Y/Y/N) say. Aw...and just as I was gonna make a new friend... "oh that's my yokai partner!" I said switching my board to shocked "I guess you have to go then..." he replied sadly. "Yeah...Wait what school are you going to?" I asked him hoping that I could convince (y/s/y/n) to go to the same school. "Oh uh I go to Springdale elementary!" He said as I wrote it down on my hands. "Ok thanks Nate! Bye!" I yelled leaving the room "bye Iris!" He responded Wait...Iris?! "My name isn't Iris! It's (Y/n)!" I corrected already downstairs. "Ok then (Y/n)!" He said awkwardly. I walked out the house and saw Nate's mom "Oh hi sweetie your sisters are waiting for you! Also Nate will come pick you up for school tomorrow ok?" She said cheerfully. I nodded firmly  and switched my expression to determined! "Oh did Nate make that?" She asked. "Yes he did. (Y/n) chan board says all smiles!" I responded. "Be careful crossing the road!" She says as I go to the edge of the sidewalk. I nodded and began to burst into a run across the street. When I made it, I looked up only to see (y/y/n) smirking at me "some lady that was...how was your little playda-" I smacked them causing them  to go flying off and turning back into their yokai forms "I've made my decision! I wanna go to Springdale elementary!"I said changing my board to happy "g-good for you..." they said dizzily. I sighed and went inside thinking 'What was that feeling I had with Nate...No...It just can't be that I'm in love....at least not yet... I hope...