Chapter Nine

"Eleven! what's wrong?" I ask as she grips my hand tightly.
"My leg!" I look to her leg but I don't see much of anything. Everyone else comes clashing in and mike points out that there something wiggling around in there. It has to be one of those disgusting worms. Like what happened to me.
"Jonathan! Go get a knife!" I demand and he runs off to find one. While he's gone, robin is going on about how this person broke her leg really badly and it wasn't really helping the situation.
When Jonathan got back with the knife, we couldn't afford to waist time. He digs the blade into her skin and she screams in agony. The worst part was seeing Jonathan try and pull out the worm by sticking his fingers into the wound.
Her cry's were ear splitting. I shout to him and he stops what he's doing.
"I can do it." Eleven says. She holds her hand over her wound and rips the worm from inside of her. Her screams were powerful enough to shatter the glass behind us.
When she gets it out, she throws the thing away from us and it starts to crawl away. But before it could escape, someone stomped on it. When I look up, I see hopper, Joyce and some random guy.

We ended up informing everyone on what was going on and what we all knew. Turns out that there's Russians, and a big electrical gun. It's was used to open that gate and let the Flayer out all over again.

"Okay so just to be clear. This big fleshy spider thing that hurt El and tried to flay One is some gigantic weapon?" Steve inserts.
"Yes." Nancy agrees.
"And instead of metal and stuff, it uses melted people?"
"Yes." Nancy says again.

This is all insane. I never thought that this would be happening. Last year, I didn't even know that there was a huge shadow thing involved in the first place. I just thought I was going crazy. And now, we have to try and save Hawkins and possibly the world from this thing.
Is it wrong for me to scared?

Part of the plan is to get Joyce, Hopper and that Murray guy to the main room and deactivate it. They have a map so all they have to do I follow it.
Steve, Robin and I walk to a counter so I can sit on it. Steve insisted.
"How do you take power?" He asks.
"I just have to touch them. Nothing to complicated."
Steve then grabs my hand in his and smiles.
"Then do it." He demands.
Obviously I decline. Yes it could help but because he's smaller then the mind flayer, I could take too much and he could die. I don't wanna take that risk.
"I trust you. I don't want you to be hurt. Taking some of my energy will help you be stronger. So please. Just do it."
His eyes are practically speaking for themselves. He's scared that something might happen to me. I can't be mad at him for that.
I smile to him and hug him tightly.
"This may feel weird." I say. I let out a breath and when I breath in, I feel his body shudder. This means it's working. He hugs me tightly as is take in what he's giving me. It's almost addicting. I pull away quickly from him so I don't loose control then thank him.
"Do you feel weak at all?" I ask and he shakes his head no.
"If anything, I feel a bit more energetic and a little bit scared. And hungry." I laugh at him warmly when he says this. I grab a chocolate bar and hand it to him.
"Yeah. Sorry about that. Now that I've taken from you, some of me was put in you as well. Your feeling what I'm feeling."
"Huh?"
"Now you have the ability to read my emotions now. Hence the energetic-ness."
His face lights up when I tell him he can feel what I feel now. It's not that cool but I don't wanna kill his vibe.
"Hey you three. Let's go. We have to go to the tower." Dustin runs out the mall doors and we chase after him. He fills us in on what was gonna happen. Dustin needs to get the I this communication tower so he can use the walkie talkie to communicate with Hopper and the others.
When we get to the car, Steve is ecstatic.
"Oh. Now this is what I'm talking about. Screw tod. Steve's your daddy now." He enchants.
"Please never say that again." I joke. He laughs at me and we're off to wherever Dustin tells us to go.

When we make it to the hill, they all go to the radio but i make my way further down the hill.
"Wait. Where are you going?" Robin calls out.
"I have to go back to the car and see if I can track down the mind flayer. See if its close so that we can prepare for it. Stay here. Steve, come with me."
I get to the car and rummage through it to find a sharp object but can't find a thing.
I bite into my skin and blood and starts to pool out on to the hood of the car.
I close my eyes and try and focus in on the flayers power. When I pin point where his general direction, I look up and see that the malls lights are flickering uncontrollably. It got there so quickly. We had only just left.
"It's close." I say in fear. The others gather around and watch as the mall goes into chaos.
"We need to go!" Steve grabs my hand and runs towards the car. Robin climbs in after us and we are off to see what's going on.
When we pull up to the parking lot, we see billy in his car, charging at the others. Steve steps on the gas and rams into him to get him out of the way.
"You guys okay?" He asks.
"Ask us tomorrow." Robin says and I agree.
A loud roar comes from ahead followed by loud stomps. The flayer stands on top of the building. Striking fear into my bones. I go to start the engine once more but the car was to trashed for that to even happen. I silently curse myself.
I look over to the left and see billy passed out in a burning car. My instinct is to jump out of the car and see if he's okay. Steve tries to pull me back but I push him away. When I reach Billy's side, he doesn't move a muscle.
I'm sorry, Billy. I couldn't protect you when you needed it. And now here we are. I don't even know if I'll be able to save you. It's a harsh world. You taught me that. But that doesn't mean I was ready for this.
"Get in!" Nancy's voice rings in my head. I look over to her and back to Billy. I caress his head gently and whisper sweet nothings into his ear. What scares me is that he replies.
"Run. And don't comeback. Do you understand me?" His voice is the closest thing to a whisper. He didn't want anyone to hear him.
"Baby. I can't leave you alone! I've been trying to save you this entire time and now I can. Just let me..."
"No. Leave. I don't want you here. So for one last time can you do as I say."
One last time. Its like he knows his fate. Like he knows how this is gonna end.
"I'm sorry my love, but I'm not leaving." I turn around to the others and tell them I'm staying here. Not only for Billy but because Mike, Max and El are still in there and defenseless. They need a back bone. I kiss Billy's forehead then run into the mall to find all three of them already trying to escape.
"One!" They cry to me.