have a chat

There's a gentle pitter patter of rain outside her open window, the slight humidity washing in reminding her that she needs to get up and close it

     There's a gentle pitter patter of rain outside her open window, the slight humidity washing in reminding her that she needs to get up and close it. She doesn't get up though, and lays staring at the ceiling in anticipation. Nothing is going to happen, she knows that.

Outside there's the sound of a car driving past, its tires sending a wave of water from the street onto the sidewalk. Only the streetlamps provide light for the inside of her small, bland room.

A buzz emits from her phone that lays on the pillow next to her head and she startles, the sheets rustling underneath her.

The notification is from a group chat she doesn't recognize. Nowadays, all the group chats she's in have died, and her friends from school rarely check up on her. At first when she had started skipping her days in class, her friends had been concerned. Now, she got the occasional text of 'Hyd?' and nothing more.

She clicks the blinking notification and a lively chat pops up. Her eyes blink to adjust as she reads the text on screen.

»»————-  ————-««

Iida

Hello classmates!

I have finally been able to form a group chat for our class, please use this for appropriate measures only!

Mina

*insert snorting noise here* that isn't gonna last bud

also how dare you set our permanent nicknames to our actual names

Momo

While I appreciate this whole idea and all Iida, there are 21 people in this chat

There's a user I don't recognize

Iida

I apologize, it appears I have made a mistake.

Mysterious and unknown username, show yourself!

Uraraka

i don't think that's going to work Iida..

Denki

i hope they're an epic memer

Iida

Denki, this is a serious situation that should not be taken likely, they could be a villain for all we know!

Denki

👉👈

»»————-  ————-««

Yeah, this is no one I know. Might as well talk and get the 'getting kicked out' part over with. I have missing work to do...

»»————-  ————-««

Eddie

hi

Please don't let this end in disappointment.