two | II.

two | II.

Feast

~+~

"So he just walked out?"

Kate nodded at Alvaro's question as they sat in the carriages, on their way to Hogwarts.

She had just finished explaining how the prefect meeting went. Their first questions were on the attractiveness of her 5th year prefect counterpart, to Kate's absolute dismay. In spite of the pink on her cheeks and her pure embarrassment at the insinuations of their comments, she answered that he was somewhat attractive before quickly moving on to describe her duties.

Thomas scoffed. "Of course he did. That little, white rodent is the most dramatic thing since Romeo Montague."

Maren wrinkled her nose in confusion, "Who?"

While, yes, Maren was a half-blood, her father more adapted her mother into the wizarding world rather than the other way around. Her mother also had no literary interest whatsoever, so Maren's education on such matters was quite absent.

Kate, on the other hand, rather enjoyed muggle literature, despite being a pureblood. (She has Thomas to thank for that.)

"Romeo Montague is one of the main characters in a Shakespearean romantic tragedy. Romeo killed himself when he assumed his lover, Juliette Capulet, to be dead. When in fact, she was not." Kate said simply.

Maren blinked, "You sounded like an encyclopedia."

Alvaro cocks his head at Maren, "How is it you know what an encyclopedia is but not the main character of the most famous piece of muggle literature to ever exist?"

Maren shrugged, "Call it selective retention. Anyways, Malfoy is a dodgy git if I've ever seen one."

"You've seen plenty. All you have to do is look in the mirror." Alvaro muttered before whipping his head to Maren with a smile, but still looking slightly panicked as he quickly amended, "I'm sorry I didn't mean that; that was a joke, I'm sorry."

Maren just laughed, "Oh, Al, never change. Besides, being a dodgy git is something I pride myself in." She mockingly buffed her nails.

Thomas snorted, "It shows."

"Oi!"

Thomas looked affronted, but still smiled. "What? Al can insult you but I can't?"

"It's different when you do it!"

"Oh, yeah? How so?"

"Well, to start, you actually mean them!"

Despite their banter, Kate was not at all worried. They were both feeling rather lighthearted and jovial, causing her to smile along. She shared a look of mutual exasperated fondness with Alvaro as they continued to argue.

"Oh!" Kate remembered, cutting her friends off. "I forgot to tell you! Hermione Granger is a prefect--"

"Why am I not surprised?" Thomas deadpanned.

"With Ron Weasley." Kate finished.

Maren's eyes widened, "You're kidding!"

Kate beamed and shook her head. "No I am not."

"I am absolutely convinced that Dumbledore picks the positions of Headboy, Headgirl, and the prefects purely by matchmaking." Alvaro shook his head.

Thomas looked over to his boyfriend, "Really?"

Alvaro nodded. "When you think about it, so many of the prefects have become couples afterwards. Not all, but most. And not necessarily from the same houses, either."