CH 15 (Epilogue)

Author's note: Above the song that inspired this story...

Love, a word used in so many forms, it has never really meant so much to Lena till now...

'Love U!' Yells the little boy who jumps to Lena's arms the moment she gets past the door. The raven-haired woman wraps him in a warm hug, filling him with kisses as the little AC giggles under such affection.

 The raven-haired woman wraps him in a warm hug, filling him with kisses as the little AC giggles under such affection

Yes, they named their kid AC in honor of Alexander Luthor 'A' and Clark Kent 'C'. The little boy has a big heart like Clark and a great brain like Lex. But, to be honest, he got that too from his two mommies.

"How was your day at school?"

The little AC happily says all the adventures he lived today in kindergarten. Lena smiles and wonders if it's true all his saying or he has a really big imagination when her wife wakes up from her nap and says.

"He's not lying, Lee. Today, he painted an entire wall. And, his new teacher, Miss. Teschmacher, didn't look happy about it..."

Lena chuckles, she can imagine the big 1st impression her dear AC gave today to his new teacher. Looking at his face and at Kara's face she realizes that he painted something more than just the wall of his classroom.

"Why are you laughing, Lena?"

The raven-haired woman cannot speak, she can't stop chuckling, so she just offers a mirror so Kara could look at her face.

"OMG! AC! What did you do to my face?!"

The boy giggles, he thinks it funny just like Lena. Son & mother are laughing, and Kara pouts.

"Oh, you find this funny? Well if you, Lena, think it's funny to have paint all over the face. Then we should paint your face too!"

"What?!"

"Let's paint the face of your mom, AC!"

"YEY!"

"What?! Oh, no! Kara, AC, NO!"

Lena starts running away when she sees how Kara and AC grab a set of paints. AC and Kara go after Lena, in a pursuit to paint her. They run all around the house, giggling and chuckling about it. And, that's why when the rest of the family arrives to celebrate the birthday of the little boy, even the Kents were here when they find a very colorful Lena.

"No pictures, Alex!"

"Sorry, too late. Lena. This is going directly to the next family calendar..."

Lena rolls her eyes and decides to take care of the cake as the family settles in her home. When she brings the big cake she made, AC and Kara lick their lips and the dear Luthor chuckles thinking that they are really mother & son.

Eliza was playing with the boy with Ruby when the doorbell sounded and the last guest arrived.

"Why do you have paint, all over your face, Lena?"

"I... I... It's his fault!"

Lena points out at her kid and Lillian just raises an eyebrow at her childhood behavior.

"Grandma!"

AC runs to the arms of the old woman he doesn't get to see too much, but, that each time he gets to spend time with her, it's a happy memory. The entire family is reunited and Kara smiles looking at all the people she has in her life.

"Okay, everyone is here. Let's cut the cake!"

They turn down the light and light up the candles, they sing for more than 10 minutes the song of 'Happy Birthday' because AC keeps saying 'again, again'. Nonetheless, the candles can't stand light up forever and that's why they do their best to convince AC that the best part of a birthday party is not the song, it's blowing out the candles.

"Why?"

"Because, you get to make a wish?"

"A wish?"

"Yes, a wish. You blow out the candles and make a wish"

"Will it come true?"

Lena nods, she has no idea what he will wish for, but she hopes she can make his wish come true. The little boy puts all his efforts to blow out the candles all at once and when he finally gets to do it, everyone applauses. His mothers are serving the cake when Lena remembers she forgot to explain an important thing about blowing out the candles and making a wish: you should never tell what you wish for. But, it's too late to say something about it because the little AC shouts to the four winds his wish.

"I'll get a sister!"

"What?!"

The little boy giggles, he's happy because he blew out his birthday candles and got a wish. And, his wish is getting a sibling to play. He likes to play with Ruby, who's a girl, so he wants a sister. He wishes for a sister and Lena & Kara just stare at each other, getting more color to their cheeks.

The couple look at each other, at their perfect cozy home, at the little boy they got and then, looking around the room, they see the pictures of those that are gone. And, realize once again that we don't live forever. So, why not?

"Another baby, Lena...?"

"Yes, let's have another baby"

A big smile spreads over their lips already imagining what will be the next step for their family. A new baby, that in reality will become two because they will get twins.

What if we don't live forever? It's a question many people might ask themselves. But, the truth is that the real meaning of living, it's not to be eternal, but to live brief moments that will last forever in our hearts.

The birth of their kids, the first Xmas, the first Hallowen together. The first steps, the first words, seeing them leave for college. Even little accomplishments such as teaching their kids how to ride a bike. It's what makes Kara & Lena feel like they lived forever. And, that's why each morning they wake up with a big smile, loving each other even more, not worrying at all about when Death will knock their door.

THE END