CH 03

If you see someone asking for help, do you help them? Or, do you look away? We always have a choice, even if most of the time we completely ignore the consequences of our choices...

"I can't believe I'm doing this. You know Lex, of all the crazy things I've heard you say, this is the craziest one!"

"C'mon, Lena. Do you really think I'll be such an awful parent?"

Lena chuckles, drinking her whiskey as she reads all the medical reports she got from the tests she did to Kara. Lena doesn't think that this version of Lex will be a bad parent, but, they are Luthors after all, so, her expectations for them, to be skilled parents are very low. Even then, she's willing to help her brother to expand his family.

"She's really something..."

Looking at the photo of the blonde, the one that's attached to the medical file, Lena can't figure out how this girl got her into this mess. But...

"Kara has a strong will. When she has something in mind, she goes for it, with everything she has."

And, it was true, she has a strong determination to go for it till the end. Maybe that's why she thought she would be a good reporter someday, but those dreams seem to be from another life because right now, her biggest dream is to give Clark & Lex a ray of hope.

The Kents are getting old, the farm is not doing well. Everyone might believe this is the worst moment to bring a baby to the family. But contrary to what most of the people think, Lex really believes this is the best moment to add someone else to the family. They need a good thing, and that good thing, it's gonna be the baby that will be carried by...

"Kara Danvers"

"Yes? Is there something wrong with Kara?"

"No. She looks healthy, but I want to speak with her before doing any procedure. I want to make sure she completely understands about what she's signing in."

"You already spoke with her on the phone the other day. You know she's the one who put this into motion. She's the one who offered to be our surrogate mother and even talked with you about it without saying a word to me or Clark, so why are you questioning her decision now?"

"She's very young, Lex. A very young, impressionable mind that..."

"That you think I manipulated to get something I want, right? Because after all, that's what Luthors always do to get what they want, isn't it?"

Lex looks upset. Lena can understand why he's upset, after all, she feels the same each time that someone thinks the worst of her. But, she's a Luthor, and Lex is a Luthor. And if there's one thing you can be sure of, it's that you cannot trust in Luthor Not at 100% and certainly not without doing your homework first. So...

"Lex, you want my help. You need my help. I'm the only person with the technology and the resources to help you. So, let me talk to Kara. Alone. And then, maybe I'll do this for free"