Chapter 6- When Life Hands You Lemons and a Smart Kid...

*Ryder's POV*

"I can't believe you would do that!" I exclaimed.

"I agree, Drew, what in Friday by Rebecca Black's name were you thinking?" Asked Simon, now pacing.

"We're letting her a leash too long! Ryder, he's going to hurt you!" He said.

"THAT DOSEN'T GIVE YOU THE RIGHT TO HIRE SOME NERD TO CAUSE A BLACKOUT IN THE WHOLE DAMN MALL!" Yelled Simon and I in unison. Wes and Keaton were sitting at the table,

"I want you for myself! Fine! I admit it! There! You happy now?" He roared. I walked over to him.

"That's not what I heard from you this morning. You to me I meant NOTHING to you, and that I was just another girl! I heard it, Simon heard it!" I said, the tears spilling over.

"He said that?" Asked Wes, Keaton, Tate, and L.A. I nodded.

"And I meant it." He said, standing up from his chair, now towering over me.

"But you had NO right whatsoever to send that text from my phone! I thought you changed, but you know what? Behind the camers, behind the screen that girls look for that poetic, spiritual Drew, you're actually a selfish jerk who can't keep this emotions down." I growled.

"And what are you trying to say?" he challenged.

"I hate you." I said, glaring into is now dull, blue eyes. As I walked away, he grabbed my arm, and spun me to face him.

"I DARE you to say that again. You're not leaving this room." He said, rage consuming his features.

"Let go of me." I said. I had NEVER seen Drew like this. Ever, ever, ever. Not even when he threw a T.V out the window beause his skateboard broke a few years ago.

"No." He said, and his grip tightened on my arm.

"Carly, you don't need to see this." Whispered Britney, tying to usher her out of the room.

"No, he's hurting her!" Said Carly.

"Wes!" Called Simon. Wes walked over, threw Carly over his shoulder, and walked away.

"Ryder! Wes, put me down!" She said, crying.

"I'm sorry. I can't do that." He mumbled.

"Your best friend is hurting your little sister, Wesley! Why are you so calm? Why are you letting this happen?" She asked. Wes froze, but kept walking.

"Drew, let go." Said Keaton. "You've screwed up too much in her life, don't add an arm to that too." He said, trying to chuckle. His attempted laugh sounded like a spider monkey getting raped by an elephant.

"Say it. " Said Drew. My arm was aching.

"Fine! I Hate you, I hate you, I hate you!" I shook my arm from his grip. I walked away, when he shouted something else.

"But this time, you can't cry off to Drake or Avery now, can you?" He sneered. I stalked back to him.

"What? Avery too?" I asked. He nodded, smiling a sick grin. My hand swung back, and made contact with Drew's cheek with a huge smacking noise.

"Stay the hell away from me and my life." I said, walking to Carly and I's room. Wes was trying to calm down a sobbing Carly. I walked in, and I immedietly hugged Carly.

"It's ok. It's all good." I whispered. She then pulled back, and got her phone out.

"I recorded the thing with one of those long distance mics that you taught me about, it's in my phone. You can send it to Drake and Avery." She said. Drake and Avery. They hated my guts right now.I gulped at their names, and Wes hugged me tight. I just broke. I probably soaked his whole left shoulder, but whatever.

Let me fill you in on what happened.

Drew pretty much hired someone to cut off the power. I got there, and Chase just told us all to go home. Drake was supposed to pick me up after work, and I still had about 2 hours, so I went home, and took a shower. While I was in the shower, Drew took my phone and texted Drake a bunch of emotionally degrading stuff, and that I didn't wanna go out with him. Drake then texted back, obviously hurt. I saw the whole convo when I got out of the shower, and Drake replied.

Apparently Drew did the same with Avery. Avery was probably so stunned that he deleted my number.

Anyways, back to my crushed reality.

"Hey, Ryder?" Asked Carly. I nodded.

"He deserved that slap." She said, giggling. Wes pulled back from the hug. "You did that?" He asked. I nodded.

"High five!" He said. I did so.

"I need to clear some things up, could you send the audio file to my phone? I asked. She nodded.

"I need to make some calls."

.

.

.

.

.

"You may be wondering why I called you here." I said. They nodded. I had Chase, Bryce, Eleanor, Julie, and Sasha sat in the living room.

"Yeah, you guys hit it off the first day, why do Avery and Drake hate you? I know what happened at the party was Avery's fault, he suggested it, and it was his own problems for getting attached. But he's never been like this." said Chase, frowning.

"That is where Carly here, was smart enough to record a fight in the house." i said, giving Carly a light one armed hug. She took out her phone, and pressed play.

"You whopped him a good one." Said Bryce, smirking.

"You need to send this to Drake and Avery." Said Chase and Eleanor.

"Especially Drake...." Said Sasha. We all looked at her curiously.

"Drake got an eviction. He's been behind on bills for a long time. In L.A, who do you think he'll run to?" She asked.

"Either the Strombergs, or his own blood. Drew." Said Julie. I took out the phone, and sent the file.

I talked with the gang for a while, until my phone started ringing.

"Hello?"

"Ryder? I-I'm so sorry. I didn't know it was Drew. This has happened before." He said.

"You wanna talk about it?" I asked.

"If you're willing to listen. I'll be over in 10." He hung up, and I put my phone in my pocket.

"....Aaaand, that's our cue to leave, and let the little lovebirds do their thang. Carly, don't record too much. Said Bryce, winking. Carly looked confused. Chase gave him a good whop upside the head.

"She's 13, don't ruin her innocence!" Said Sasha, adn they walked out the door.

"Carly, you know you're a hero now, right?" I asked.

"Sure. I wanted to test out the mics, it was a coincidence." She said. I ran to my room, dug around, until I found it. I ran back to the room with the box, and handed it to her. He looked in, and smiled.

"Paid in candy? Deal." she replied giddily. Then, the doorbell rang. I sprinted to the door,and opened it. There was Drake, also lookinglike an emotional wreck at the door. I immedietly went over, and hugged him for a long time?. Hm. I'm doing a lot of hugging today. Simon walked up behind me.

"Ryder, I see you've met the new house member." He said with a smirk splayed across his face.

When life hands you lemons, you want until it switches them with oranges.