Chapter 3: Ripping the Railing

A lot of you were shocked at the fact that I'm British? lol yes I am from London ^.^

Anyway, a lot of you seem to be enjoying this so far ._. I'm surprised lol I didnt expect such a good response to this ... Thank you

lol seriously though, Thank you for all the lovely comments :D

Love Peace and Oreos

~Silesia

I breathed out slowly and took a look around. Marina Del Rey is truly beautiful. It was one of those places I had always overlooked as nothing more than a spec on a map of America in geography. Now I was here I realised how truly beautiful it was. Dad was right. This getaway was what I needed, after all that I went through during that last few days of school. As happy as I was to get away from everything I sighed as the horn sounded and took one long look at the last view of dry land I'd have for a week. It was already sliding into the distance. To cheer myself up I mentally kissed goodbye to all the assholes who were currently in that hell hole called school who I also wouldn't see for a week before going below deck with the rest of my family. Where I was standing before was just one of the many levels on this ship. I think it had 6 in total. My parents werent lying when they said this was 5 Stars. We had just finished our induction tour and I was completely stunned.

The ship was called The Oceans Eagle and was absolutely massive. The top of the ship had a sunbathing section with loads of deck chairs and umbrellas on one side and an open air resturant complete with a licensed bar and decorated with peach coloured lanterns on the other.. On the floor below that there was a massive casino and games room and a lounge alongside a really grand library. The floor below that was the 'Captains Quarters' and gift shop, located next to the reception desk. The two lower levels contained more rooms and only people who were staying down there continued with the tour. The ground floor, or the first floor you get to after walking up the steps from the docks, had the pool and all the spa facilities Talia had been so excited to see. The pool did not interest me at all because after that long tour I was interested to see the room I was to be staying in. The room, or cabin as they called it here, was the floor below deck and down the hall from the indoor resturant. The stairs that led below deck were sleek shiny, wooden and polished. I almost felt bad for stepping on them with my scruffy worn-out converses.

I was just about to say how I could see my reflection on the step when Talia spoke. "Sun, sea and more sun!!!!" Talia exclaimed in her loud annoying voice as we got to the bottom step. "I cant wait to hit up the spa!" She skipped off, with the cabin key. I shot daggers at her as she walked off.

"Try to enjoy this trip love." My Dad said clapping a hand to my shoulder. I looked up at him. He was grinning at me from ear to ear. "It is for you after all. Go and settle in okay?"

"Remember we are just down the hall from you guys!" My Mum smiled "Any worries and you know where to find us."

"Don't kill each other!" Dad yelled down the hall after me as I walked in the direction Talia had gone. "I hope this trip helps them bond." I heard dad sigh as I opened the door to the cabin I was sharing with Talia, Cabin 32, it was already a mess inside. Clothes were scattered everywhere and her suitcase was open on the bed in the corner. "Good, there you are Alex. I'm going to the pool that's above deck. How do I look?" Like the shallow, fake social Barbie doll that you are. I replied with a slight twitch of my left eyebrow. "It wouldn't kill you to talk to me, you know Alex. Giving me the silent treatment and those looks all the time is really hurting my feelings." Talia said sarcastically before adjusting the straps on her bikini and grabbing her rolled up towel and sun glasses off the bed. "If you go through my stuff while I'm gone I will feed you to the sharks."