Chapter 5 - Dancing in The Dark

Now, the kissing thing was new and exciting, but the two of them made a point about not telling anyone else. If they told them, the teasing would be never ending and unbearable. So, the two of them would sneak behind doors after checking the hallway and they would jump apart whenever they heard someone coming towards where they were tucked away. The most common place that they would hang out was out back by the far shed where one of the benches was, nobody really went around there very much so the two of them would sit out there and use Ophelia's juul and make out.

A few days after the new development in their relationship occurred, there was an impressive storm raging outside of the Dumping Ground. It hammered against the windows and pounded at the door, everyone was huddled up in their warm clothes as they sat around waiting the storm out, nobody had really gone outside that day – apart from Gina when she went to go and get some food for everyone. When Gina came back, she was drenched to the skin and had to take a shower to make sure that she didn't catch a cold.

Most of the house spent the day either in their rooms or in the lounge, they had played basically every single board game in the house (including a game of monopoly that was still resting on the ground from where it was flipped off of the table.)

When the evening around, a lot of people were bored out of their minds. Gina had already gone home, and Tracy and Mike were left alone on night shift. As the evening wore on, the storm got worse, thunder and lightning were now being included in the line-up.

Liam, Frank and Ophelia were sat on the sofa watching the England game, Frank was very excited while the other two were watching it to make sure that Frank was happy enough. Just as the game got underway, the power went out.

"Ugh, what?" Frank complained as he got up from the sofa and headed towards the TV to see if he could turn it back on.

The electricity didn't come straight on, so everyone in lounge moved into the kitchen where they knew Tracy was along with Gus and Carmen. They all sat down on the stools as they watched Tracy pull out a few lanterns and set them down onto the counter. She handed one to each of the kids and they all turned them on. Of course, someone shone one in someone else's eyes straight away. Which was basically law when given a lantern.

"We can get emergency takeaway pizza!" Tracy chimed as she handed out a few pizza delivery pamphlets to each of the kids, they handed round a piece of paper to write down what they wanted.

Johnny tried to get people to play him in pool, but nobody would, which led to Tyler spooking him with some doll that he must have found in the junk cupboard. They all looked at each other to convey how weird Tyler is, but before they could talk about it – the alarm at the door went off. Ah, pizza. All of them jumped up from where they were sat and made their way down towards the kitchen.

Ophelia headed over and helped Tracy pour some juice into some cups, "I really hope that that's the pizza, I'm starving."

Everyone else charged into the kitchen and Liam took some cups from Ophelia and put them onto the table, he gave her a little wink when he mimed pouring one onto her. He got a good smack on the arm for that one.

When Gus walked back into the kitchen empty handed, Tracy asked where the pizzas were. Turns out, it wasn't the pizza guy at the door, and it was actually the electricity guy, who for some reason Gus didn't let into the house. Most of the house rushed back towards the front door to see if they could usher the guy back, obviously he was already long gone.

So, instead of pizza, they ate whatever they could make without using electricity. Which was an odd mixture of cereal, sandwiches, cold soup and dessert. Ophelia opted to eat some cold soup, which was an odd experience, but it filled her up, so it didn't really matter.