Ch.4

"Lilly? Honey?" I heard my mom's voice. It was quiet and raspy as if she had been crying for a long time.

I open my eyes and looked around. Almost everything was white. I was laying in a bed with a blanket on my legs and I had a night gown on.

"Am I in heaven? Because I always thought I would got to hell." I said and laughed a little. It hurt to laugh.

"Lilly, you are in the hospital." Mom's voice was soothing.

"Why am I in the hospital?" I asked.

"Because I found you severly injured at the school playground. Now tell me, who did this to you?"

The room was silent. All I could think about is that girl telling me not to tell anyone they did this to me. I looked around the room then at my arms. They were almost fully purple from the bruises. I took the blanket off of my legs. There were huge gashes on them and some dried blood. They werent as bad as my arms.

"Lilly, you need to tell me who did this. This 'accident' has hurt you a lot. You may have a broken rib." Mom moved closer to my hospital bed.

I looked into her deep blue eyes that were telling me that it is okay to tell her. I took a breath. I opened my mouth to talk but I couldnt. I couldnt tell her or I will get hurt even more.

"I-I," I stuttured "I fell off the swing."

"Really?" Mom's voice was a little sarcastic "How do you get a broken rib from falling off the swing?"

I didnt know how to respond. I am an embarassment.

"I cant tell you." I turned my head away from her. Tears welled up in my eyes.

"Lilly. You can tell me anything." Mom's voice was calm and soothing.

My heart started to race as I thought about what happened yesterday. The embarrassment of it all, the hurt that I felt. I couldn't get my words straight to even tell her.

"W-w-well," I stuttered then there was a knock at the door.

Mom stood up and opened the door. In walked the group of people who did this to me. The people I hate. Why were they here?

They all walked over to stand beside my bed as one talked to mom. Mom eventually left the room and they all stared at me with hate in their eyes.

"Have you told anyone yet?" One girl asked. Her hair was a dark red which I remembered from that night.

"About what you scumbags did to me? No." I tried to sound confident but it came out as sounding brittle.

"What did you just say?" A guy asked. His huge muscles throbbed with anger.

I squealed in terror when he said that. I am so scared of what else they could do to me.

"You know what wuss," The girl with the dark red hair said "If you ever tell a living soul about what we did, you are dead meat."

My lips trembled as I tried to respond, but nothing could come out of my mouth. I nodded.

"Good." Her grating voice spoke. "Let's go."

They all turned around at the same time as if it was synchronized and left my room. Mom walked in a few seconds after they left and sat back down where she sat before.

"Who were they?" She examined the look on my face.

"Just some people from school wishing me to get well soon." I lied.

"Oh, well isn't that nice!" Mom's voice was high-pitched.

The door opened once more. To my surprise it was my doctor. His smile was content.

"Good news," He spoke softly but it reminded me of professor Farnsworth from Futurama "We looked back at Lilly's X-rays and it's not as bad as we thought. It's just that she will have to watch what she does for the next month. No gym class, no sports, no physical activity. You will be out by tomorrow night."

Mom looked at me with a face of joy and I faked one back. I am terrified of what could happen when I leave this bed.

A/N: Sorry for not posting lately. I have been really busy and not motivated to write. I will hopefully write more frequently and post more this summer. And sorry do the shorter chapter! 😁