The Creeping

When you are home alone everything seems scarier, you are just so much more gullible to anything. The littlest noise or incident will make you seem like you are about to have a heart attack.

At home alone, bored and on my laptop just on Facebook and the other regular everyday websites. My mom and brother are at hockey and my dad is at work. Both my dogs lay in the living room sleeping just like the lazy dogs they are. The sound of the truck pulling in my drive way changed the next bit of my life. Half expecting it was my mom; half expecting it was my dad I just kept looking down at the computer screen.

Then I heard something come from what sounded like the kitchen, it was footsteps, not the footsteps a dog would make, no these were heavy boot footsteps. I then realized I had never heard the door open, which I would have heard being such a heavy door you could hear it close from the neighboring houses, surely I would have heard it from my bedroom.

The dog both starting to bark and run around the house , there just greeting who ever came inside because surely someone came inside otherwise I would not have heard footsteps.

I could hear a faint voice in the distance and decided it just is the radio downstairs that someone left on or something. Now the dogs were going crazy and I was worrying why I could still hear the footsteps but still haven’t had someone say anything in the kitchen like ‘I’m home’ or ‘I have dinner’.

Now I was either crazy or someone had broken into my house, I grabbed the hockey stick in the hallway and slowly made my way to the kitchen, the footsteps were loud now but no one was in sight. “I must be crazy” but no one was around to hear me. Now I was locking the doors and turning on all the lights. Front door is closed, sliding door is closed, side door, damn I forgot to lock the side door. On the way down the few stars to reach the side door I switched on all the light switches and turned on the outside light I locked the door but then unlocked it and peaked my head out the window to see a random truck I had never seen before and a ladder leaning up against the house I slammed the door shut and locked it.

There is someone on my ceiling, there is a stranger on my ceiling, there is a kidnapper, a robber, an alien on our ceiling. Should I call the police, no, I can’t, what do I tell them, there’s an alien on my ceiling. Well I need to call someone. MY DAD. My heart was racing as I picked up the phone and dialed his number I take another look out my window and hang up the phone as it is ringing.

I see my grandfather’s truck alongside with another man’s truck, now that the lights were on outdoors I could see it just fine. Everything became clear they were just checking on our roof, we needed a new one because it was growing moss and my parents have been talking about replacing it. I had almost had a heart attack for nothing.

Darn no good grandparents, never mind I take that back they get me presents.