I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- Under questioning.

I was in a trance. Voices didn’t make sense to me, the people moving frantically around me seemed miles away. The flashing ambulance and police lights were like a faint flicker. None of this registered to me, the only thing that did was Jared.

I only found the strength to move when the paramedics put him on a stretcher and in the ambulance. I followed them; the two men in green uniforms went to work over his unconscious form. His body was on the stretcher in the back of the ambulance, and in the light you could see the blood on his blue shirt clearly. His cheeks were stained with blood where I had touched them earlier, and his eyes were closed.

I prayed to god that he was only unconscious.

Judging by the paramedics doing all this stuff that didn’t make sense to me in an attempt to keep him breathing, I'm guessing he was.

I didn’t realise we were at the hospitals until the doors of the ambulance opened, and Jared was wheeled out.

I felt numb. The idea that Jared might not make it out of this made my entire body feel weak, like I was about to collapse.

I was currently sat by his hospital bed, still unable to take my eyes off of him. It was like I was in shock, denial. If I kept staring at him he would wake up any minute and start laughing at me like it was all a big prank. But he didn’t wake up.

It had been just over 12 hours since he had been brought to the hospital, and from what the doctors have said the knife punctured one of Jared’s kidneys, along with hitting some other major veins and arteries. He was immediately taken into theatre and had the punctured kidney removed.

I thought that once that was done, he would be fine.

I mean he had two kidneys; he wouldn’t really miss one would he?

But he wasn’t fine; he slipped into a coma shortly after the surgery.            

Due to the amount of blood he had lost and the fact some of his major arteries and veins were punctured, there was no way to guarantee he would wake up.

I had been sat by his bedside for hours now, watching doctor and nurses come in and out. The only sound filling the room was the bleeping from his life support machine.

Please don’t stop bleeping.

I heard one of the police officers talking to the doctor outside the room, and said that they had called Jared’s parents. My heart knotted at what they must be going through right now. Apparently they were getting on the next flight back.

My eyes gazed at his handsome face, which was being tarnished by the tubes coming out of his nose and how pale his skin was from the loss of blood. This wasn’t him; he should be full of life, being the same arrogant jerk that I loved. I couldn’t believe it myself, but I did love him. Even though it was under a shitty circumstance, when he told me he loved me it was one of the best moments of my life. If only it didn’t lead to this now.

My body tensed up in fury as I thought about the person who did this to him. I had to make sure he got what he deserved for this. I didn’t give a shit if he got away with my murder, but he wasn’t getting away with what he’s done to Jared.

I was going to apparated to wherever Seth was, and due to the fact I’m a ghost and have the built in sat nav thing going, I automatically apparated to the police station. I looked around for any sign of Seth, but to my surprise instead of seeing him, I saw Eve being escorted into a room by a police officer. What the hell was she doing here?