Storm Within

Eyes see, they window everyone's soul ; broken hearts, worn out lives, they clearly mirror our unspoken burdens within.

        I fumble as I search for my red stinky handkerchief deep inside my pocket. I duck over and search for it under my queen-size bed, but not a trail of its' red glowing color can I see. It's raining again. Raining inside my room. These pair of eyes I own, they're shedding sadness again, in a form of a liquid orb they call tears.

        It's been a while, and I hadn't located that douche handkerchief. It left me no choice but to grasp the handle of my worn-out cabinet and to get myself a new crying basin. I went back to bed as soon as I got what I wanted and continue the storm I had started.

        " Get away from me. You're ruining my life."

        Words I never ought to hear. He said it in front of me. I was a nuisance. A big ugly mess to his great golden life. I was ruining his life. Great. I helped him with everything, yet I ruined him? Great. Just Great my friend.

        Tears keep flooding my eyes, and my pillows' a bit damp now for my hanky hadn't groped all my cries and it fell on my trusty old pillow.

        " Gail, are those sobs I hear?" suddenly my mom's voice called from the outside of my room. No mom. I'm just crying myself to death.

        " Uhh, no mom. Just having a cold that's all. " I calmly reply trying not let her notice my frail voice.

        " Okay. Take that tab I have given earlier this morning, it can help."
she replies.

         I didn't. I just lazily stand up, walk up to my door and shut it so my tangy mom can't investigate. And then I went back to bed and shut my eyes to sleep.

(1/17/15 10:00 pm)