Chapter 16

I was zoning out. I was staring at the ring. I cleared my throat as everyone was staring at me. I stepped back as I couldnt handle the pressure.

"(Y/n)...." Damon said as he stood up. He tried to touch me but I stepped back. I couldn't do this...I couldnt do this without my best friend.

"I'm sorry..." I said as I left. I can't chose a answer without my best friend. Who knows where she is. Thats who she is, she makes sure no one finds her. I was walking down the sidewalk as I was thinking. If I said yes, then we would be together forever. If I said no, then we wouldn't be anything. I just left Damon with them all. I just didn't want to let her down. I was trying to walk but then I was pulled into an alleyway. My eyes turned yellow as I was ready to kill whoever grabbed me

"Watch it, (Y/Nn)!" A girl voice said. Only one person called me that.

"Katherine?" I whispered as my eyes turned normal.

"The one and only"  She said as she smirked.

I hugged her as she hugged me. It was so nice to have my best friend with me. I let go of her as I laughed. Seeing her after all these years got me happy.

"Omg, what are you doing here?!" I asked as I fixed my hair.

"I heard someone got proposed today and...I figured it would be you but..Did Damon tell you?" She sounded concerned.

"About what?" I was so confused.

"That the only reason he asked was because Elena and him were doing it behind you're back. And he didnt want you to find out"

"Are you sure, Katherine? You arent lying?" I felt hurt.

"I would never lie to my best friend." She put her hand on my arm as she was serious. She never lie to me. How could he do this to me. I grabbed her arm and started walking to the mansion.

I slammed the door open as I broke the front table. I see Damon, Stefan and Elena by the fireplace. Elena was standing up. I picked up a stake and threw it at Elena's shoulder. She yelled as they all looked at me. Katherine was standing by me, smirking.

"What the hell was that for,(Y/n)?!" Elena yelled as she pulled it out. Damon was infront of me but I pushed him back.

"You fucking liar!!! You lied!!" I screamed as he looked confused.

"What are you talking about? Who told you that?" He yelled at me but I pushed him back more.

"You only want to marry me so I wouldn't find about you and Elena!! I hate you!" I punched him square in the face as Stefan pulls him back.

"(Y/n), that person is lying to you. Me and Elena are back together. Damon went to New Orleans to ask permission to really marry you" Stefan expalined as I look at Katherine.

"They are the ones lying. I would never lie to you. You are my best friend, (Y/n)." I looked back at them as they were confused.

"Katherine told me!! She's my best friend, she would never lie to me!!" I felt the tears rolling down my face.

"Baby, she died remember? Babe, wake up." Damon said as he touched my arm. I was so confused.

"What are you talking about?" I whispered. Everything was fading away as Damon was serious.

"WAKE UP!!!" Damon screamed.

I woke up breathing heavily as I looked around. I was in Damon's arms as everyone was crowding us. Damon sighed and kissed my head. Was that all just a dream? Right..Katherine died...Damon actually did go to New Orleans for a couple days. Stefan and Elena are back together. I stand up as Niklaus hugs me then soon Elijah. I looked around and see that I'm still on the hill with everyone. I looked at Damon as he still looked worried.

"Baby, you okay? You passed out when I asked." He hugged me then kissed my forehead. He feels my head if I was warm but I didnt feel sick.

"It was all just a dream..." I mumbled as I was just afraid for him to hear me.

"Its okay, baby. I'm not going to leave you. I'm not cheating on you. I want to be yours forever. Because I'm in love with you. Its okay if you say no, I can always wait..."

"Yes"