Game of fate [mello x f!reader x matt]

Disclaimer: This particular one-shot took a lot more time than I expected it to. So, the word limit is around 3k (more) Read it at your own risk.

Reminder: Page colour: Black

The sun dipped with its slow pace below the horizon

The sun dipped with its slow pace below the horizon... As all the members of the mafia were busy, roaming, shuffling to-fro near the main hall.

In a personalised room filled with the aroma of cigarettes & coffee, the two fellow members were playing video games.

You stretched your arms and thought how weird it was, to feel nervous around your friend...rather than being easy.

The redhead playing beside you noticed the gesture and snapped overhead, "Yo! I Won Again!!!"

It presumably wasn't a thing that you could have known.. until the man reminded you, you hadn't finished the match.. and probably, he had taken over it today as well.

You rolled your eyes and stared at the screen in disbelief.

You were playing a good game today. meaning, you could have defeated this fellow gamer... You frowned at the thought for a while before coming up with an excuse & forced a smirk, mumbling sarcastically, "I've let you won kid."

He raised an eyebrow observing your sarcastic expression with his laid back one. Tho, he looked more interested in your words rather than your face.
Once you tried making statements to make it believable,
He burst into a laugh and wiped a tear off his eye since you realised you were again hesitating to prove your boast.

You clenched fist at his response and stood up before smacking on his head.

The redhead backed off his head and rubbed it in pain.

A smirk accompanied you as you laughed losing your sanity.

............
Before you could help Matt to stabilise the messed situation, a hand grabbed your arm and twisted it, so that you couldn't move away.

The voice rang through your ears deadpanning, "Looks like you're enjoying it, huh?"

You knew the voice... of course. After all, you were dating him.

Maintaining your pitch you exclaimed,

"Huh? Hey Mello!"

While wrapping his arms around your waist, he leaned onto you whispering,

"Indeed. It is me. You irresponsible idiot!"
You gasped at his words, slightly taken away and replied frowning,

"Me? But..-"

You contained yourself & realised what was he up to. While you were teasing matt, you forgot to go.

"But, I was coming anyway!" You continued.

"Really?? But that doesn't seem to be the case here."

"What the fuck now? Matt & I were just playing games!"
Matt was startled at your pitch & analysed the outcome of the argument. To stop you & Mello from beginning a bloody fight, he pushed himself in-between.