Chap. 27 ~ His Choice

Aphmau continues pleading for Katelyn to wake up.

"My powers can only do so much... Katelyn please..."

"All we can do now is wait." I lay a hand on Aphmau's shoulder.

"It's not fair! This all happened so fast. Katelyn needs me right now. I can't go anywhere. At least not until I know she's better." Aphmau says. "I still can't believe he-"

"Ugh... A-Aphmau?" Katelyn says, slowly regaining conciseness.

Aphmau immediately screams Katelyn's name. "Thank Irene you're ok!"

"Nughhh I-I'll be fine..." Katelyn mutters. "I just feel like an IDIOT! I can't believe I fell for Ivy's taunting... SHE PLAYED ME!"

"I fell for her taunting too. Only, I couldn't do anything about it since someone decided to sneak away last night and almost killed me in the process. I swear to Irene I will him soon."

"EVEN after fifteen years, she still knows which buttons to push..." Katelyn yells.

"She's always been like that... At least her name suites her, Ivy... Reminds me of poison." I mutter.

"Katelyn... I'm so sorry I wasn't able to help you. It just- It all happened within the blink of an eye. Did you really need to fight her."

"Jeffory's name fell from her rotten mouth... Nothing mattered anymore. Everything was just red... Then all I remember is a searing pain in my arm, and everything went dark. And now I'm here."

"Katelyn, I don't want you to be one of the many people I've loved who have passed... If I was in any condition to fight, I would have killed her on the spot... Even Ivy knows this."

"She's terrified of you, isn't she?" Aphmau asks.

"Who? Ivy?  Yes, she is... Because she knows I have skills that would surpass even those of Irene's."

"Why's that?"

"I'll tell you later, but for now, I'll let you two talk." I smile, leaving the treehouse. I need to find Aaron.

~~~~~~/30 Minutes Later/~~~~~~

I wonder through the forest trying to find Aaron. My search seems to be for nothing as there is no trace of him. When I come across the Irene Dimension Portal... It's been activated.

A person begins, emerging from the portal, it's a familiar face... He had blue eyes and blonde hair... And was wearing guards armor. I also see the Irene dimension portal that Aphmau has visited many times. Standing in front of the portal is Aaron... Holding the Divine Relic in one hand... And Zane's throat in the other.

"Come to get revenge?" Zane laughs.

Aaron calmly replies, "No."

"How?! When did you find a-" Zane screams. "YOU'LL KILL US BOTH!"

The Divine Fragment begins glowing.

Aaron replies. "Good."

Everything turns white and the Irene Dimension Portal explodes, leaving fire, burnt stone and a massive whole in the ground. I stand in the tree line, unable to move... Having just watched my brother die...

Garroth goes and picks up Aarons' bandana and I look in front of me and see Aaron's hoodie... I pick it up and begin to cry. "I'm at lowest point right now... And unless I want to share my secret to everyone... I have to pretend that I don't care about him as much as I do..."

This situation can't possible get any worse...

"I still can't believe... Aaron... He's gone... No no no no! This can't be real! I almost lost Katelyn but instead I lost Aaron... He sacrificed himself to kill Zane and save Garroth... Why?! Why did it have to be him?!" My knees begin to shake and I fall to the ground.