II | Other Half

________________

________________

II
O t h e r H a l f

________________

_\\\\_

Shino was about to reply to Gon's answer but a voice interrupted their conversation.

"I apologise for the wait."

A wall rose and revealed a tall man with silver hair and a notable moustache in a suit.

"The registration for the Hunters Exam Application has ended. I am the first phase examiner. Final warning: If you continue to do these exams, it is likely you will end up seriously injured or even dead. So if any of you wish to back out, please proceed to the elevator behind you."

Silence as no one of the 405 applicants moved an inch towards the elevator.

"Very well. All 405 applicants will proceed with the Hunter Exam." The examiner turned his back to the applicants, "Follow me."

He started leading the way, all applicants walking at first until he started to pick up the pace which resulted to everyone jogging after him.

"I will be leading you to the second phase."

"Huh? The second phase?"

"What about the first phase?"

The examiner turned his head around, "The first phase has now commenced."

"This is the first phase?"

"Strange..."

"I am the first examiner, Satotz. And I will be leading you to the second phase."

Meanwhile, Gon and Shino regrouped with Kurapika and Leorio,

"I see... The first phase is testing our mental resilience, and also our psychological strength..." Kurapika murmured beside Leorio.

"Hey! Kurapika, Leorio! I have a friend I wanna introduce to you two!" Gon grinned brightly before moving out the way to reveal the brunette girl who glanced at them with a blank look.

"Hello..." Shino greeted and gave a nod to the older friends of Gon, "My name is Shino Netero..."

"Oh, hi there." Kurapika said neutrally giving a nod back, thinking why her family name sounded familiar, he gave his name, "I'm Kurapika."